1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Can You Come for a Visit? My ME/CFS Says No
My daughter and son-in-law just had a baby last week. We are thrilled. But we won't be able to see the baby or hold her any time soon. We won't be able to take over little gifts or help out with housework or babysitting.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Where is the post on Cort / Kurt and XMRV ?

Discussion in 'XMRV Research and Replication Studies' started by cigana, Mar 1, 2011.

1. Ecoclimber

Ecoclimber Senior Member

Mercer Island Wa
    I believe it was a full spread proton torpedo attack by Capt. Cort on the Kinglon's position. Capt. Cort had his full shields up on his starship at the time.

2. Dreambirdie

Dreambirdie work in progress

N. California
    Me thinketh thou dost have too much time on your hands....

Over and (definitely) out.

3. Martlet

Martlet Senior Member

Near St Louis, MO
    Me thinketh the same thing. Me also thinketh that people with that much time imagine that moderators also have too much time on their hands. :D

4. eric_s

eric_s Senior Member

Switzerland/Spain (Valencia)
    I just wanted to say that i think one should also see that there is a reason people are freaking out a bit. One should see both sides and ask questions regarding the behaviour on both sides.
    I have had some contact with Ecoclimber at the time of the controversy around the Miller study and never had any problem with him, to the contrary.
    But i thought his posts regarding contamination were a bit questionable. I'm sorry if he takes this personally, but i have to say what i honestly think here. We have no way to validate his reports and the XMRV question is of extreme importance. So i think one should be very cautious when making statements of the kind he has made.

5. justinreilly

justinreilly Stop the IoM & P2P! Adopt CCC!

NYC (& RI)
    ha ha ha. that's too bad. but i too must agree with your former opinion.

6. justinreilly

justinreilly Stop the IoM & P2P! Adopt CCC!

NYC (& RI)
    just to clarify: defamation is unlawful in the sense that you can sue someone to recover damages for it. It isn't a crime.

The Plaintiff has to show that the statement is untrue.

7. SOC

SOC Senior Member

USA
    Not only that, it's really bad manners. ;)

8. cigana

cigana Senior Member

UK
    I agree Eric, XMRV is so important I think we have to allow a bit of extra "allowance" in terms of forum rules when we debate it. Part of the problem is that people often use anonymous sources or start sentences with things like "I was told...", and while that seems perfectly fine to that person, to others reading who do not have the information first hand it only naturally stimulates suspicion.

9. Martlet

Martlet Senior Member

Near St Louis, MO
    Depends what country you are in. In the UK, the defendent has to prove that the statement IS true.

10. Martlet

Martlet Senior Member

Near St Louis, MO
    Creating deliberate exceptions is the road to chaos. All other forum members would be well within their rights to demand the same allowances on every topic that stirs emotion. If people cannot debate while staying within the rules, which basically amount to the rules of common decency we are all expected to adhere to in society, then they must expect their comments to be moderated.

See more popular forum discussions.