1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Knitting Equals Pleasure, Despite ME/CFS
Jody Smith loves knitting. Again. She thought her days of knitting and purling were long over but ... she's back ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Where exactly does the money go from Chase, etc.

Discussion in 'Action Alerts and Advocacy' started by lerae, Sep 16, 2012.

1. lerae

lerae

This is probably a stupid question, only because I have not read through the threads. Who gets the
    charitable donations? And what is it exactly used for? probably not any personal assistance for patients....?
    Inquiring minds :)
    B
  2. CJB

CJB Senior Member

Oregon
    I know if Phoenix Rising wins, they have plans for building member/patient resources here. I think it's probably in the first article announcing the contest. Each contestant probably has different purposes for the money. I'm not familiar with any that are planning on providing direct patient assistance. Good question.
  3. K2 for Hope

K2 for Hope ALways Hoping

Jacksonville, FL 32258
    WillowJ likes this.
  4. K2 for Hope

Jacksonville, FL 32258
    Yes, CJB, each organization determines what they would like to use the winnings for, generally based on their mission statement.
    CJB likes this.
  5. ggingues

ggingues $10 gift code at iHerb GAS343 of $40

Concord, NH
    Yes, another similare link:
    http://phoenixrising.me/archives/13417

Phoenix Rising’s Winnings

Phoenix Rising has several projects it could spend the winnings on. Check some of them our here:
    • Rate a Practitioner program - to help ME/CFS patients save time, money and improve their health by finding good doctors and avoiding bad ones
    • Community Rising program - to break up the isolation and connect people in their local communities, provide avenues for assistance, reviews of local clinics and physicians, etc.
    • Making the Forums More Accessible to the Visually Impaired - upgrading the Forums so that as many as possible can participate.
  6. WillowJ

WillowJ Senior Member

WA, USA
    most of the orgs have listed what they will be doing with the funds in their purpose statements (which can be read at the voting pages on the Chase FB application).

PR is in the thread already.

NIDA is here:

and all the orgs are here
    CJB likes this.
  7. WillowJ

WillowJ Senior Member

WA, USA
    the year that P.A.N.D.O.R.A. was running, some of the money did go to personal assistance for patients. Also, some of the orgs this year maintain help lines and support groups and things of that nature, although I'm not aware of them doing the types of things that Pandora does. (they could and I just don't know about that, though)
  8. K2 for Hope

Jacksonville, FL 32258
    larae,

Possibly, if you stated what type of "personal assistance" you were looking for, either here or in a new thread, someone might be able to point you in a direction of help.

See more popular forum discussions.