• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Where do all these intolerances and GI complications come from?

Hi all,

since many suffer from intolerances, allergies, weird reactions to food/drugs and GI problems, here are some reasons:

- Lack of enzymes to digest food
- Lack of Hydrochloric Acid to digest food
- Lack of beneficial bacteria to digest food
- Intestinal Permeability
- Malfunctioning P450 system
- Overall lack of energy which would be necessary for proper functioning of organs and physical acvitivity to support the body

The first three problems can easily be addressed, unless someone has problems with enzymes, probiotics, HCL etc. . If this is the case it gets much harder to do sth.. The last three problems are much more complicated.

In addition to that the problems we experience can be a direct consequences of XMRV and other viruses. When searching Pubmed you find many studies about untreated HIV infection that mention exactly the same problems. Patients soon suffer from a wide variety of GI problems.

camas

I really hope that by treating XMRV all these symptoms vanish because all the other approaches just address symptoms and not a cause.

I hope so too. I'm also hoping that most of us with these sensitivities will be able to handle the ARVs necessary to treat XMRV should it prove to be causal.