1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Knitting Equals Pleasure, Despite ME/CFS
Jody Smith loves knitting. Again. She thought her days of knitting and purling were long over but ... she's back ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Where can i test in the UK for Leaky Gut?

Discussion in 'The Gut: De Meirleir & Maes; H2S; Leaky Gut' started by snowathlete, Jan 10, 2012.

1. snowathlete

snowathlete

UK
    I think this may be a problem for me, so i want to take a test.
    Ive read that a lactulose/mannitol test is a straight forward urine test, and should be something i could get done myself at home and send off to a lab.

But, i only found one company in the UK doing it but they want 200. I found another but you need your GP to order it, which i want to avoid if poss. and that was only 40. So that makes me think that 200 is a rip off.

Is there an alternative company i can use?

thanks

2. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    RedLabs offers a very good anaerobic stool and gut function test. You would have to send your kit to Brussels though. It is also not cheap (something like 250 euros). You don't need a doctor to sign for their tests but you have to list a doctor's name, but not their address, so likely, your GP would never know that you ordered it.

Sushi

3. anniekim

anniekim Senior Member

U.K
    Biolab do it. YOu can order if through Dr Myhill's site, even though it's not listed on there. You will have to be pay about 20-30.00 for her interpretation. Think the test is around 80.00, can't remember. Biolab website should tell you.

See more popular forum discussions.