• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Where can i test in the UK for Leaky Gut?

snowathlete

I think this may be a problem for me, so i want to take a test.
Ive read that a lactulose/mannitol test is a straight forward urine test, and should be something i could get done myself at home and send off to a lab.

But, i only found one company in the UK doing it but they want 200. I found another but you need your GP to order it, which i want to avoid if poss. and that was only 40. So that makes me think that 200 is a rip off.

Is there an alternative company i can use?

thanks

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Is there an alternative company i can use?

thanks

RedLabs offers a very good anaerobic stool and gut function test. You would have to send your kit to Brussels though. It is also not cheap (something like 250 euros). You don't need a doctor to sign for their tests but you have to list a doctor's name, but not their address, so likely, your GP would never know that you ordered it.

Sushi

anniekim

Biolab do it. YOu can order if through Dr Myhill's site, even though it's not listed on there. You will have to be pay about 20-30.00 for her interpretation. Think the test is around 80.00, can't remember. Biolab website should tell you.