1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
9th Invest in ME International ME Conference, 2014 - Part 2: Pathogens and the Gut
Mark Berry continues his series of articles on the 9th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London, with the emphasis shifting from autoimmunity to pathogens and the gut ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Where Can I get XMRV diagnostic test done?

Discussion in 'XMRV Testing, Treatment and Transmission' started by Ryan7817, Nov 9, 2010.

1. Ryan7817

Ryan7817

I have blue Shield medical insurance and live in Northern California, Sacramento. I was wondering where one could pay for or maybe even get his Health insurance to pay for something like this. Money is not an issue. Thanks.

2. August59

August59 Daughters High School Graduation

Upstate SC, USA
    I'm pretty sure that VIP Diagnostics at this link in Reno, NV is the only lab offering testing for XMRV. I have not heard of any insurance companies covering the cost of this test.

3. Ryan7817

Ryan7817

Does anyone know how much this cost?

4. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    It is $550 for the combination of both the culture and the serology. I am not sure how that breaks down as I ordered both. They will bill Medicare for you but otherwise you have to submit their invoice to your insurance company. They don't run your credit card or send your invoice until all your test results are complete. Since this can take a couple of months, it might give a little breathing room for the budget.

Certainly other labs will offer this test in the future....but who knows when. I wanted to know and get started with some treatment.

Best wishes,
    Sushi

5. Ryan7817

Ryan7817

Thanks. I think I may do this soon.

6. August59

August59 Daughters High School Graduation

Upstate SC, USA
    Hey Ryan7817,
    I tried put a link to VIP Dx (www.vipdx.com) in my first post. I don't think the word "link" is highlighted enough to tell that a link is associated with it. I usually bold the word, but forgot to this time.

http://www.vipdx.com/

7. George

George waitin' fer rabbits

South Texas
    Ryan VIPdx also has a serology test now! $280 for that kit. Also of note there is a lab that advertises on the net called Clongen, avoid them!!! The fatigue centers have put XMRV in their advertisements now as well and personal opinon those guys would probably try to treat you with something crazy?

No treatments ya know for now so it' info only. Call VIPdx and talk to them they are a great bunch. Welcome to the boards!

See more popular forum discussions.