1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and the Magic of the Canine Factor
There's been plenty of research indicating that having pets is good for your health. I never really noticed any particular benefits to having cats, though that may have had more to do with my cats. They've been fairly indifferent to my presence and we've shared a live-and-let-live...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Where are we with Viruses...?

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by JBB, Nov 12, 2013.

1. knackers323

knackers323 Senior Member

Sorry mate it was Theophil Hey.google his name with e.coli, bacteriophage and it will come up. There is something about it on prohealth. It is exactly what you have just mentioned.

This is very interesting and ties in a lot of other findings and what other people are finding effective.

So lipkin will be doing a gut micro biome analysis? I wonder how we would go suggesting for him to look into this?
    JBB and heapsreal like this.
  2. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    JBB likes this.
  3. knackers323

knackers323 Senior Member

4. JBB

JBB Senior Member

Yes I think there are so many we are light years away from truly understanding all their functions and years away from discovering them all. My instinct is that hormones arn't at the bottom of most ME / CFS but rather a knock effect on from what ever else is going wrong. To me it's looking more and more tied into the immune system.

Not to say that hormones could not be the thing for some people but I think that the major ones we know about would probably be the ones which help most people anyway. Just my 2 cents...!

Best wishes,

J
  5. JBB

JBB Senior Member

Very interesting. If this is a case shouldn't we be able to get rid of the bacteria and thus the viruses by a very intensive gut cleanse?...Or would that not be enough to get rid of them?

Would be good if Lipkin looked into this as part of his stools study for sure.
  6. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    KDM does this sometimes and gets some results, though not perfect results. However its not clear he was aiming at bacteriophages, so a different protocol, even more extreme, might be required. Such protocols can be very hard on the patient.
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
    JBB likes this.
  7. JBB

JBB Senior Member

Yes I know he focuses on gut stuff. I'm interested if anyone has tried anything extreme regarding gut cleanses and what the results were?!? Anyone?

I don't mind extreme protocols, I will do anything to get rid of this dam thing.:mad:

Best wishes,

J

See more popular forum discussions.