Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

When You’re Drowsy, Is Your Brain Partly Asleep?

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by antares4141, Feb 6, 2017.

1. antares4141

antares4141 Senior Member

Truth or consequences, nm
  2. barbc56

barbc56 Senior Member

Fascinating, I have always been interested about the subject of sleep. I've certainly had real world experience, of course this is anecdotal. I have several sleep disorders and I think it may be an important factor with me/cfs and Fibromyalgia whether a contributing factor or downstream effect.

I think anyone with our disorder should have a sleep study but don't think this is usually used as a diagnostic tool.

I've read and my neurologist claims that by the time you get tired you may have already had the microsleeps you describe.

Thanks!

merylg and antares4141 like this.
  3. AndyPR

AndyPR RIP PR :'(

Lenny Jason reported in one of his recent talks finding that patients brains were in a Delta brain wave state, and that this can explain our cognitive issues.

4. erin

erin Senior Member

I feel I'm really not awake for hours after I'm physically awake and this is after some 10 - 11 hours of sleep. I maybe am awake only for 9, maximum 10 hours.

antares4141, barbc56 and merylg like this.
  5. antares4141

antares4141 Senior Member

Truth or consequences, nm
    The concept does make a lot of sense. Your welcome!

barbc56 likes this.
  6. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem All Good Things Must Come to an End

I have had 2 sleep studies, but the were worthless because they were conducted by pulmonologists looking only for sleep apnea. To be useful, you need a sleep study conducted by someone who understands sleep archetecture. That is usually a neurologist.

barbc56 and antares4141 like this.

See more popular forum discussions.