1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Hyperparathyroidism: An Often Overlooked Differential Diagnosis to ME/CFS
Andrew Gladman puts hyperparathyroidism under the microscope, exploring what the disease is, how it can mimic ME/CFS in presentation and how it is treated.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

When Treating CBS, will you get low energy?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by rocky, Jun 19, 2013.

1. rocky

rocky

I'm following the low thiol diet right now. I noticed when I ate watermelon today though (which is low sulfur) I got a massive hit of fatigue after an hour or two. I could barely function. I saw on heartfixer's site, he said this:

If I am on the low sulfur diet, is this basically saying that my energy is being robbed right now because I am doing low sulfur to begin with, so my methylation cycle is doing bad? I didn't really experience low energy until this. I also notice very low energy with other random foods. I'm A360A +/+
  2. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

Northcoast NSW, Australia
    rocky, I've been low thiol for nearly a year. I've also been implementing Freddd's protocol. Once I had all 4 of his Deadlock Quartet supps on board, my health and energy improved markedly. I'd tried the other B12 types, and the other carnitine types. I absolutely felt much brighter when finally adding L Carnitine Fumarate. I'm currently midway through (hopefully) detoxxing for SIBO and metals. My energy is slowly improving. I avoid all thiols, though I'm tolerating chlorella, and B vitamins. I also eat small amounts of meat w/ meat broth. I use ornithine, butyrate, and lysine to help balance sulfur formation. mthfrsupport.com has some good tips. cheers, ahmo
  3. rocky

rocky

i see. so do you know though why i would get low energy from watermelon if its low thiol/low sulfur? do i have some other issue?
  4. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

Sorry, that's beyond my understanding. Could it have to do with the sugars? Anything else affect you like this? cheers.
  5. caledonia

caledonia

Cincinnati, OH, USA
    What exactly are you doing/taking for CBS? I followed the program from the Heartfixer page and had an increase in energy from the l-carnitine fumarate.

As for the watermelon - maybe either a blood sugar issue or a food allergy issue? Try eating with some meat instead of alone to see if that helps. If it does, then it's a blood sugar issue. Otherwise, it sounds like something you should avoid.
    rocky likes this.
  6. rocky

rocky

thanks for the tip. i'm using heartfixer as well. i'm doing a lot of stuff. charcoal at night, yucca, l-cartinine, molybdneum, boron, vitamin e succinate. i'm getting ammonia rna/hydroxy on monday, so maybe those two out are playing some part.

i'll give a try to the meat thing next time i eat it, but it probably could do with blood sugar issue. although, i don't get crashes from other things with sugar. for example, if i ever cheat and eat a cookie or i eat gummy bears (i rarely do this, but i have done it before), i dn't get a fatigue attack. it's like when i eat watermelon.. 10 minutes later i have this fatigue attack out of no where. very strange. other things with sugar its more of a slow sugar crash OVER TIME.. like tthe normal way.
  7. IwillHeal!

IwillHeal!

US

Hi Ahmo,

Would you be able to point me to where Fredd talks about the deadlock quartet supplements? I can't seem to find this anywhere. I have been on a CBS protocol for a few weeks and am running into issues (one of which is decreased energy).

Thanks for this post!
  8. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

Susan, here are a couple links. The first is very long and complex; the second has a short list of the DQ. Also, 3rd link includes info re need for potassium in surprising (to me) situations: extra B vits. I add this because I watch my own potassium needs increase and decrease as I'm detoxxing. Best to you, ahmo

THE COMPLETE METHYLATION REVIEW Fredd Feb 2013 [very long and involved]
    http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/the-stages-of-methylation-and-healing.21725/

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...t-hole-insufficiency.22614/page-2#post-345537

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...kalemia-and-methylfolate-insufficiency.22968/
  9. IwillHeal!

IwillHeal!

US

See more popular forum discussions.