1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Give ME the Money
Graham McPhee spells out some of the cold, hard facts about the dismal state of ME research and politics, and has some suggestions as to what we can do about it ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

when can you take vitamin c if you are taking vitamin K2 ?

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by vortex, Jan 6, 2014.

1. vortex

vortex

Everybody says not to take vitamin k2 at the same time as vitamin C or E, but if thats the case then......

If you are supposed to take k2 mk4 3 times a day then when are you supposed to take vitamin c/e ??

2. Ema

Ema Senior Member

Midwest USA
    I've not seen the recommendation not to take K2 with C or E.

The Linus Pauling Institute says this on nutrient interactions:

http://lpi.oregonstate.edu/infocenter/vitamins/vitaminK/

3. Hip

Hip Senior Member

Can you provide a weblink to where it says vitamin K2 and vitamin C should not be taken at the same time?

4. SickOfSickness

SickOfSickness Senior Member

US
    I only take MK4 once a day (5 mg), if I remember.

5. vortex

vortex

6. Hip

Hip Senior Member

Perhaps @Asklipia can say where she read that vitamin K2 and vitamin C should not be taken at the same time.

Certainly the above link provided by Ema explains why large doses of vitamin A and vitamin E can antagonize vitamin K, but no mention is made of vitamin C in that link.

vortex likes this.
  7. vortex

vortex

good point, I wonder if she meant vitamin A and E and not vitamin C and E ?

8. Asklipia

Asklipia Senior Member

@Hip and @vortex
    I looked for a reference and could not find it. But what I DO remember is that there was a good reason for avoiding taking both at the same time, as explained by a doctor years ago.
    Most probably because Vit C lowers blood cholesterol, which is very necessary for the absorption of vitamin K.
    I used to take Vit C when I woke up, Vit K then later at breakfast.
    Good luck!

9. vortex

vortex

well blood cholesterol isnt going to affect vitamin absorption from the intestine.

I have been experimenting with taking them at the same time and I feel really good when I take them at the same time, much better than if I took them separately. So there is some sort of synergy going on with them. I do know vitamin k2 boost collagen in the bone and probably in general and vitamin c is a huge part of collagen building block, so it makes sense that they would work together. Not sure why I feel better though as building collagen shouldnt neccessarily give you a sense of wellbeing, so there must be something else.

See more popular forum discussions.