1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Entrevista: la apelación del millón de dólares de Ian Lipkin para un estudio en el Microbioma
Simon McGrath se aseguró recientemente una entrevista con el mundialmente famoso doctor Ian Lipkin - un científico que sigue creyendo que EM / SFC tiene una causa física - para descubrir más sobre sus planes para un importante estudio del microbioma intestinal y para averiguar por...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

when can you take vitamin c if you are taking vitamin K2 ?

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by vortex, Jan 6, 2014.

1. vortex

vortex

Everybody says not to take vitamin k2 at the same time as vitamin C or E, but if thats the case then......

If you are supposed to take k2 mk4 3 times a day then when are you supposed to take vitamin c/e ??
  2. Ema

Ema Senior Member

Midwest USA
    I've not seen the recommendation not to take K2 with C or E.

The Linus Pauling Institute says this on nutrient interactions:

http://lpi.oregonstate.edu/infocenter/vitamins/vitaminK/

3. Hip

Hip Senior Member

Can you provide a weblink to where it says vitamin K2 and vitamin C should not be taken at the same time?
  4. SickOfSickness

SickOfSickness Senior Member

US
    I only take MK4 once a day (5 mg), if I remember.
  5. vortex

vortex

6. Hip

Hip Senior Member

Perhaps @Asklipia can say where she read that vitamin K2 and vitamin C should not be taken at the same time.

Certainly the above link provided by Ema explains why large doses of vitamin A and vitamin E can antagonize vitamin K, but no mention is made of vitamin C in that link.
    vortex likes this.
  7. vortex

vortex

good point, I wonder if she meant vitamin A and E and not vitamin C and E ?
  8. Asklipia

Asklipia Senior Member

@Hip and @vortex
    I looked for a reference and could not find it. But what I DO remember is that there was a good reason for avoiding taking both at the same time, as explained by a doctor years ago.
    Most probably because Vit C lowers blood cholesterol, which is very necessary for the absorption of vitamin K.
    I used to take Vit C when I woke up, Vit K then later at breakfast.
    Good luck!
  9. vortex

vortex

well blood cholesterol isnt going to affect vitamin absorption from the intestine.

I have been experimenting with taking them at the same time and I feel really good when I take them at the same time, much better than if I took them separately. So there is some sort of synergy going on with them. I do know vitamin k2 boost collagen in the bone and probably in general and vitamin c is a huge part of collagen building block, so it makes sense that they would work together. Not sure why I feel better though as building collagen shouldnt neccessarily give you a sense of wellbeing, so there must be something else.

See more popular forum discussions.