• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What's your bladder size?

Sherlock

Boswellia for lungs and MC stabllizing
I can't hold much more than 200ml. Some pages I've read talk about 700ml, that seems preposterously large to me... unless my Mast Cells have injured my bladder lining and I'm now at an unusually small capacity.

What's your max capacity?

rosie26

I had to do some measuring of liquid input an output this time last year due to an UTI and I had one recording of 530ml.
I am sure I would have been busting with that one! Most of my readings were around 200-250ml.

Last edited:

Gondwanaland

The dr who performs my ultra sounds was impressed by the size of my bladder (I think proportionally to my weight?). I think the capacity is between 200 and 300 ml.

I can't hold much more than 200ml. Some pages I've read talk about 700ml, that seems preposterously large to me... unless my Mast Cells have injured my bladder lining and I'm now at an unusually small capacity.

What's your max capacity?

In the ER where I end up far too regularly, they drained out 625 ml, from "urinary retention" due to old man Prostate blocking the exits. That eventually leads to a surgery , which i had recently. Now healing,

Once, after a surgery while in the US Forces in "67, the total was close to 700ml, but I was a kid then.

Apple

My absolute max (ie unbearably full,absolutely busting,about to pee myself) capacity is around 350ish, which my Uro said wasn't that bad (i'm 5'3). However, the pre and post void scan showed that I retained a 1/3 of that.

On the odd occasion that I monitor my urine output at home, I never seem to pass more than 200ml at any point. So, not that dissimilar to you. Could you be retaining? Have you been tested for that?

I noticed you mention mast cells, do you have IC ?

Looking. . .
absolutely, the poster Apple is on track. Urinary retention is a completely different problem than only not peeing. It will be an on-going problem and should be addressed right away if needed. There will be medications that must be avoided due to their inducing retention... it's a subject to be studied carefully. Otherwise, it's a dangerous game to play around with the bladder & kidneys (not that you're doing that.)