• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What's the ingredient in this sports booster relieving my pain?

amaru7

Hi,

yesterday an old friend of mine came over visiting me at my house after his workout and talked me into taking this pre-workout supplement, so that I could get fit to go party.. He had no idea... but anyway I did try it out and amazingly my Fibro pain is completele gone shortly after up until right now.- My sleep got slightly better and I don't have this terrible feeling of my brain continiuously falling appart making me totally apathic and so empty in the head that I cannot grasp any thought or feeling except for maybe "Shit, I feel like crap, what am I gonna do about this?!"

Needless to say I didn't go partying with them yesterday and I wasn't really that sociable or talk alot neither as usual. Also my health situation is still far from being good but at least there was relief after the self-supplementation with different high-dose nutrients had me feeling worse neurologically and physically.
I guess there was some kind of bottleneck in my body and this stuff had it released. Does anyone have an idea what the ingridient it could be that lowered my aches and pains, shortly after drinking that stuff?

Supplement Facts
Serving Size: 1 scoop (9.3 g)
Serving Per Container: 28
Amount Per Serving %Daily Value
Calories 10 <1%
Calories from Fat 0
Carbohydrates 2 g <1%
Sugars 0 g
Vitamin B12 150 mcg 2500%
D-Stunner Performance Blend 7,313 mg *
Performance
Citric Acid, Beta-alanine (as CarnoSyn), Creatine Monohydrate, Malic Acid, Glycerol Monostearate, GlycoCarn (Glycine Propionyl-L carnitine HCI), Quercetin (Sophora japonica) (flower).
CNS (Central Nervous System)ß- Phenylethylamine HCI, 3,7-dimethylpurine-2,6-dione (Theobromine 99%), Caffeine, N-Methyltyramine HCI, REV-PEA (R-ß-phenylethylamine HCI, N-methyl-ß-phenylethylamine HCI, ß- Methyl-phenylethylamine

http://www.iherb.com/Betancourt-D-S...Potentiator-Grape-9-2-oz-260-4-g-Powder/47754

amaru7

Thnx, I guess I have to find out through trial and error though, because also my intense emtiness feeling in the head finding it difficult to make even one sentense lifted. I'd say I'm back to my old ME state now, maybe slightly clearer mentally though and no migranes anymore, which is really pleasent now, which is sooooo pleasent, thank god! :thumbsup:

CFS_for_19_years

Hoarder of biscuits
The ingredient that might be helping with pain is GlycoCarn (Glycine Propionyl-L carnitine HCI). Read this Life Extension product description:

http://www.lef.org/Vitamins-Supplements/Item00916/Optimized-Carnitine-with-Glycocarn.html
"And that boost in cellular function can help provide a quicker recovery after exercise and less muscle fatigue during exercise.It may also benefit your brain, heart and central nervous system right along with your muscles."
END QUOTE

I've had less muscle pain when supplementing with liquid free form L-carnitine on an empty stomach.

Gamboa

Just came across this since I had a similar reaction yesterday while after taking some of my husbands pre-workout supplement. The main ingredient in the stuff is beta alanine which becomes carnosine in the body and acts as a buffer apparently, soaking up excess lactic acid which CFS'ers like myself have an excess of, after doing minimal activity. I noticed great improvement in energy, brain fog, muscle fatigue and pain. Here is a good web site that explains why:
http://examine.com/supplements/Beta-Alanine/
I did take too much ( 2 scoops of the supplement) and some paraesthesia for a few minutes afterwards ( tingling, prickling sensation of the skin on my face and hands).
I am now wondering if I should be taking it or if it is actually bad so need to do more research.

hmnr asg

I like to add in my experience as well. At the beginning of my CFS i refused to give up my bodybuilding routine. And at some point the fatigue got to be so bad that my friend recommend taking pre-workout supplements. I remember i took this thing: http://www.allmaxnutrition.com/products-type/razor8-blast-powder/ which helped me a lot. But this thing got banned in Canada so i started making my own preworkout supplement which was : Creatine, d-ribose, glutamine, carnitine and a scoop of whey protein. This also helped me cognitively and energy-wise. I stopped taking these since my arthritis and fatigue have stopped me from going to gym, but i guess I ought to try taking a pre-workout supplement even without the workout.
I always knew there was something we all ought to try from the bodybuilding supplements. I dont know what and obviously a few of hypotheses are being put forth in this thread. I think BB supps are a relatively unexplored territory for us CFS folks which is definitely worth experimentation.

J

Last edited:

Valentijn

I remember i took this thing: http://www.allmaxnutrition.com/products-type/razor8-blast-powder/ which helped me a lot. But this thing got banned in Canada so i started making my own preworkout supplement which was : Creatine, d-ribose, glutamine, carnitine and a scoop of whey protein. This also helped me cognitively and energy-wise. I stopped taking these since my arthritis and fatigue have stopped me from going to gym, but i guess I ought to try taking a pre-workout supplement even without the workout.
The Razor8 Blast Powder also contains Yohimbe which suppresses ADRA2A, a gene that gets overexpressed in ME/CFS patients following exertion. It's been pretty helpful to me in avoiding most of the symptoms that come with a crash. Yohimbe is probably the reason that the powder got banned, since it's pretty potent and illegal to sell as a supplement in many countries. You can get it for quite cheap in the US though.

undcvr

does chocolate lower some of your pain too ? That product has PEA in it that's great for mood and pain if it works.

perchance dreamer

Malic acid has a bad effect on my sleep, but lots of things that increase energy cause insomnia for me. Malic acid is in many energy supplements.

I'll give it another try sometime. Maybe I could tolerate it better now than I used to.