• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What's the best lab for Pyroluria testing (in the USA)?

dannybex

I've been trying to get this test for months, but my new doc has had a difficult time getting Vitamin Diagnostics to call them back so they can set up an account.

Is there another lab, or a preferred lab that you can recommend?

Thanks in advance,

Dan

aquariusgirl

if pyroluria is KPU, then VIt Diagnostics is the preferred lab according to klinghardt.
Great Plains in Kansas offers the same test.

anne_likes_red

Dan,

Frustrating that the lab won't communicate with your doctor!

There's a market for a lab that offers the calibre of testing that V D does. But with extra-communication. :)

At Thriiive (2009?) I think I remember Dr Klinghardt suggesting that in his opinion some labs were reporting false negatives through not handling the samples correctly. He seemed to think that Vit Diagnostics were aware of how to test properly - but that they were often a bit disorganised and the patient had to be prepared to chase them up. IE even to telephone them to make sure they put your sample in the fridge :)

These people sound like they should know what they're doing! http://www.kryptopyrrole.com/ - and the test: http://www.pyroluriatesting.com/
???

Good luck :)

Anne.

dannybex

Thanks...

Thanks Anne and AquariusGirl for your replies -- I appreciate them. It is beyond bizarre that Vitamin Diagnostics seems to be so...what's the phrase...not interested in doing business? :)

Why, oh WHY, don't they have a website? This isn't 1990...!

:)