1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
The Chronic Fatigue Initiative and Interview with Mady Hornig
In a follow-up article to the recent IACFS/ME conference presentation in San Francisco, and after speaking at length with Dr. Mady Hornig, 'searcher' delves deeper into the impressive work being completed by the Chronic Fatigue Initiative, and focuses in on those cytokine results ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

whats shaking? Effexor withdrawals.

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by Gavman, May 1, 2012.

1. Gavman

Gavman Senior Member

Sydney
    ha ha. So im currently experiencing those as i cut my dose out completely. Man, my nightmares are psycho. My mood is fine though, even though im getting chills. What interests me is emdr helps process stress, yet if i move my eyes to access my database of information, my brain does a jolt. I relate it to filter of ssri has gone from tiny to medium so more serotonin is coming out and its usual effects are happening through a collapsed wall. Im not taking any extra b6 until after the symptoms slow or cease.

If someone has a low amount of serotonin stored, as in an undermethylator, it makes sense that suicidal thoughts would ensue. As well as crazy nightmares.
    Id say an important way to deal with it is to stay looking straight ahead to reduce the jolts until the body regulates the flow. Six years on this stuff, im glad to be coming off it.
  2. xks201

xks201 Senior Member

What? lol

What? lol
  3. Adster

Adster Senior Member

Australia
    I've heard coming off that stuff can be tough. Good luck with it!
  4. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    Many just swap to a longer acting ssri like prozac and then slowly taper off the prozac. This helps avoid alot of side effects from effexor.
  5. hixxy

hixxy Woof woof

Russell Island, Australia

Those jolts when you move/turn your head are so much fun. I don't envy you your side-effexor withdrawals. Been there, done that!
  6. Gavman

Gavman Senior Member

Sydney
    I keep forgetting how long these problems last, in the past i think two days has stopped most issues.
  7. adreno

adreno 3% neanderthal

Tundras of Europa
    Like heaps pointed out, just take a single dose of fluoxetine. Since its half life is about one week, it will provide an automatic taper.
  8. Googsta

Googsta Doing Well

Australia
    Hmmm I certainly hope this IS the case for you, my 'brain zaps' continued for several months, even with my eyes closed.

These guys tell it like it is & have some tips on withdrawal http://www.crazymeds.us/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Meds/Effexor
  9. Sparrow

Sparrow Senior Member

Canada
    I've been there too... Hate those jolts.

My jolts and nausea/vomiting finally got so bad that I had to take another dose. I really hope yours get better rather than worse.

I did the switch to Prozac thing. Still had an awful time trying to get clear of the meds, but not as intense as from the Effexor.

Good luck, and much sympathy.

See more popular forum discussions.