May 12, 2017 Is International ME/CFS and FM Awareness Day
International ME/CFS and FM Awareness Day is May 12th, 2017. Jody Smith shares some information about upcoming events and ways you can be heard ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

what would the perfect b-complex look like?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by SwanRonson, Jan 8, 2015.

1. SwanRonson

SwanRonson Senior Member

Alabama
    Trying as much as possible to assimilate all of the information here, it seems that a great baseline b-complex to use as a methylation support would be one that provides about 200% of the RDA of each of the B vitamins except b12, b9, b6 and b3. That way you could scale up or down the rest in concert and individualize the ones that have the most startup effects (b12,b9,b3) and neuro side-effects (b6).

It just seems that the standard b-50 and b-100 formulation are completely arbitrary and dangerous, not to mention very hard to dial in for methylation support.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding something though.

2. halcyon

halcyon Senior Member

I came to more or less the same conclusion. The "perfect" B complex will be different for everybody. I like to avoid biotin and niacin for example, so I just had to put together my own complex. That way I was able to add them in one at a time and know right away which ones I might react badly to.

It's actually surprisingly hard to find low dose individual B vitamins.

3. adreno

adreno PR activist

The perfect B complex would be different for everyone.

Martial likes this.
  4. minkeygirl

minkeygirl But I Look So Good.

Left Coast
  5. Sherpa

Sherpa Ex-workaholic adrenaline junkie

USA
    Gondwanaland likes this.
  6. SwanRonson

SwanRonson Senior Member

Alabama
    To clarify, I meant "perfect" in utility. It seems there would be a baseline for everyone where it's low enough dosage that you could take without risk. I would think, for example, that it would be hard to find someone that has a bad reaction to 1mg of riboflavin.

I guess that's the part that's hard for me to grasp. It seems like chicken or egg. If I add one at a time, how do I know if a symptom is related to the one I just started taking, or related to it's now skewed ratio to one of the few that I'm not taking.

picante likes this.
  7. Critterina

Critterina Senior Member

Arizona, USA
    ukxmrv likes this.
  8. Freddd

Freddd Senior Member

Salt Lake City
    Hi Sherpa,

Lately I have been using a half of the NatureMade B-complex twice a day. Coming down on those B vits seems to have helped smooth things out.

9. adreno

adreno PR activist

It would be hard to find someone that would be helped by that, too. At those low doses you might as well use food.

But if you just want the RDA, you could use this one:

http://www.bioticsresearch.com/node/1705

Last edited: Jan 9, 2015
  10. SwanRonson

SwanRonson Senior Member

Alabama
    Yes, that much b5 would make me feel manic. Anything more than about 50mg of pantothenic makes me feel like my brain is on fire.

Thank you @adreno , that looks like exactly what I was looking for. I have severe SIBO right now, so absorption from food is not cutting it, even though I don't think I need much more than RDA for most of the B's. So something close to RDA would be easy to dose up and down by cutting in half or adding more pills each time. I think I'll go order this one now.

11. Gondwanaland

Gondwanaland Senior Member

I have been taking a custom made B complex and played with some dosages. The most interesting results I got was from B2. I started with 5mg of B2. Then raised it to 8mg and had bad results that I think are related to ammonia and/or serotonin. Then lowered it to 2mg. Same bad results o_O I think it somehow relates to my +/+ MAO-A and slow serotonin breakdown.

See more popular forum discussions.