• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What Will Happen To M.E.?

barbc56

Welcome to the forum, @Karenironside

I really liked your blog and look forward to reading more in the future.

I have always preferred saying coming to terms instead of acceptance. There are some things I will never accept in life but coming to terms with it just seems more proactive as well as productive. It's only a semantic difference but nevertheless for me, the two terms mean something different.

Again, welcome.

Barb

Misfit Toy

Welcome, Karen. I am glad you got out and were able to make that meal! Hurray! I also like the phrase, coming to terms instead of acceptance. I will never completely accept it. I try to manage with it. There are plenty of pot holes, stop signs and dead end streets on this journey. A huge thank you to those green lights we get here and there

GracieJ

So sorry you may be facing this. All too common.

Your charting of symptoms blows my mind. I have never been able to track anything from onset, so your ability to stay focused is admirable. I hope for you it continues.

Any ideas yet on what direction you may head? This is a tough one. For me, trying to choose a different line of work eventually had to be abandoned. There was no way I could do the studying and support myself at the same time, and then it was obvious I could not handle the load of any new training at all, even if by some miracle my living expenses were covered.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
I changed jobs, took leave without pay to try other things as I thought it was my job making me so miserable. But learning something new was hard and also they don't expect the new guy to have too many sickies? I went back to my original job and changed a few things, reduced my hours and was able to get out of night shifts, made a big difference. After finding some good treatments I'm functioning better and mostly enjoying work I guess. I could always live the life of a multi millionaire ???

Good luck with finding something that suits well.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
One of the hardest things was not being able to work. I was too sick in the beginning and then I was not able to go back. My work defined me. It was a place to go where I knew what I was doing and who I was. It was my social life.

Not having that was huge and a blow to my self esteem. I'd love to be able to just sit in a file room and do something, have something that was mine, but I doubt that's going to happen.

I'm envious of those who can still work. Hope you can figure it out.

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
Thanks Karen, I very much enjoy your blog, and often find a lot that resonates.

All the best,
Justy.