Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

What Very Severe ME is like: Stonebird

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Countrygirl, Oct 28, 2017.

1. Countrygirl

Countrygirl Senior Member

UK
    Greg has just posted this, and I thought it is worth sharing as it may help some who know little about ME, realise just how unpleasant it is for so very many.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
  2. boombachi

boombachi Senior Member

Hampshire, UK
    Makes me very grateful not to be in this pisition.

Countrygirl, Mel9, *GG* and 1 other person like this.
  3. Cheesus

Cheesus Senior Member

UK
    The feeling of very severe ME/CFS is one of being continually tortured for years on end. In my case, it felt as though I was drowning, but always able to gulp down just enough air to stay alive. The daily struggle was a side of the human condition the vast majority of people will never experience, and we should all be very grateful for that.

I fortunately did not experience the pain or headaches described above, but the rest of the post rang true to my past experience.

ghosalb, MEMum, Countrygirl and 5 others like this.
  4. Wolfiness

Wolfiness Activity Level 0

UK
    I have very severe ME and personally I find this extremely purple prose embarrassing and not altogether helpful.

mon me likes this.
  5. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy Senior Member

USA
    Purple prose? Huh?

6. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy Senior Member

USA
    This is so sad. I have had many of those symptoms yet never at once. I was diagnosed with CFS in 1989. For me, it was exhaustion and depression with hormone problems right away. Sometimes I wonder just what the hell it is I have besides everything. It's never ten things, it's usually only one I keep hearing. Sigh..

7. Wolfiness

Wolfiness Activity Level 0

UK
    I should add I have immense respect for Greg Crowhurst and Linda Crowhurst's courage and greatness of heart and they are clearly suffering a lot more than I am. I'm just not sure depictions of subjective suffering change anyone's mind if they already think we're solipsistic drama queens.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
    PinkPanda and mon me like this.
  8. Jessie 107

Jessie 107

Brighton
    When someone has severe M. E., is it a gradual decline to get to that point? Or does it happen quickly? I just wounder why some people end up severe and some stay the same.

9. Solstice

Solstice Senior Member

There's really no telling. Some deteriorate very rapidly, others plateau for a long long time. The best one with M.E. can do is stay within their limits, take plenty of rest and hope for the best.

ghosalb, Mel9 and Jessie 107 like this.

See more popular forum discussions.