• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What Type of Infection Would Cause Elevated C-Reactive Protein & Sjogren's Antibodis

Mya Symons

Mya Symons
My doctor just called me. He ran some other tests after a positive Sjogren's (Anti-SSB) test. No Rhuematoid Arthritis, no elevated sedimentation rate and no Lupus. I do have high C-Reactive protein. He seems to think I have an infection. I have had Sjogren's antibodies and high C-reactive protein for 15 years, by the way. The Sjogren's symptoms have started to get worse just recently and the antibodies have increased, but not by much. I also often have a high white blood cell count, but not anything alarming or I think he would have warned me.

What infection would cause Sjogren's antibodies, high C-Reactive Protein, and a chronic slightly elevated white blood cell count? I have tested negative for the following: Lyme Disease (twice), TB, Chlamydia, Hepatitis, HIV, HTLV and I am sure there are others in there somewhere. It would have to be something chronic. The only thing I can think of is mycoplasma or some sort of dormant Chlamydia that does not show up in urine tests. What could I have for more than15 years that does not show up on any tests and would cause my immune system to attack my mucus membranes? Anybody?

I have had horrible stomach pains lately and am going in for a upper GI on the 29th. He says we will start with the upper GI and go from there. I am so confused and am hoping he will actually be the first to stick to his guns and find this infection, whatever that may be.

Oh, one more thing, I am also often anemic for no apparent reason and take lots of iron. That is why I mentioned the dormant Chlamydia thing, but I also understand that happens with Sjogren's sometimes.