1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
August 8th - What is the one thing about suffering with severe ME that the world needs to know?
Andrew Gladman brings our coverage of the Understanding & Remembrance Day for Severe ME, airing the voice of patients ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

What treatment has worked for you?

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by SaveMe, Feb 25, 2011.

?

What treatment is working best for you?

Poll closed Aug 1, 2013.
  1. LDN (low dose naltrexone)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Immunovir

66.7%
  3. Valcyte

33.3%
  4. Xyrem

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Hepapressin ( generic Kutapressin ) injections

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. SaveMe

SaveMe *****

the city
    I will give LDN a shot and post my experience soon. Ive only tried inosine so ill vote for immunovir. From my research these appear to be the most promising treatments for ME . Hepapressin ( generic Kutapressin ) injections is what I pulled from Dr. Enlenders website. I did try Savella (for FM) but got really nauseous and lost my appetite on it. I also tried Inosine and got really bad muscle aches. Weird, i know.
    Thanks

OH---and feel free to list a treatment if its not listed above.

just called my pharmacy for cost of Valcyte 450mg for a months supply (30) is $1493.00! and the drug is used for AIDS and CMV.
  2. garcia

garcia Aristocrat Extraordinaire

London, UK
    When you say "worked for you", do you mean:
    1. a cure
    2. substantial improvement
    3. some improvement in fatigue
    4. any unspecified improvement
    ?
  3. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    it depends on what testing finds, if your looking into valcyte, u may find famvir alot more affordable and just as effective as some of us have found. Its not suppose to work against cmv but it has in my case and others with hhv6 have found it lowers viral titres. In my case cycloferon was the next biggy and i cant do without my sleep meds which i alternate amongst a few to avoid tolerance. Adrenal hormones if low are worth looking into if testing low eg cortisol and dhea etc.

So far not a cure but an improvement and still improving and adjusting things as i go.

cheers!!!
  4. SaveMe

SaveMe *****

the city
    I left it open to interpretation.

See more popular forum discussions.