1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Knitting Equals Pleasure, Despite ME/CFS
Jody Smith loves knitting. Again. She thought her days of knitting and purling were long over but ... she's back ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

What to take for LGS if you can't tolerate glutamine?

Discussion in 'Gastrointestinal and Urinary' started by chilove, Feb 18, 2014.

1. chilove

chilove Senior Member

Hi all,

I don't tolerate amino acids very well (CBS mutation) but have tested positive for intestinal permiability. What would you use to heal the gut if you couldn't take glutamine?

Thanks!

Audrey

2. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    Have you been reading the Resistant Starch thread? It is long but the first few pages give you the basics.
    http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...ge-is-it-the-key-weve-been-looking-for.26976/

Sushi

adreno and rubydragon like this.
  3. rubydragon

rubydragon

Here are some ideas:

Can you tolerate amino acids in meat? If so, bone broth/gelatin is a natural source of glutamine. You can make your own bone broth: How to make homemade bone broth

And/or you can also use gelatin from grassfed animals in a pinch: Great Lakes Gelatin (note: the company addresses glutamate concerns here)

GAPs intro diet short term to starve candida.

Digestive enzymes with every meal.

Therapeutic levels of probiotics - check the cooler section of a natural food store and look for something with 50-100 billion active cultures. You can get the probiotics in fermented foods like plain yogurt and kefir (avoid the sweetened kinds), sauerkraut with active cultures (Bubbie's brand - again cooler section and usually only at natural food stores).

Arabinogalatan powder or capsules (taken with probiotics, it helps feed the good bacteria the probiotic is providing)

Vitamin C (ideally liposomal for better absorption)

DGL powder or capsules

Marshmallow root caps

Aloe caps

Hope this helps!

4. Hip

Hip Senior Member

5. vortex

vortex

have you had any luck ? I am in the same boat, I cant tolerate aminos,

6. chilove

chilove Senior Member

Hi Vortex,

No, I got distracted by a Lyme disease diagnosis. I'm going to focus on fighting that before I concentrate on healing my gut further. The next thing I will try will be marshmallow and slippery elm for several months though.

Wising you the best!

Audrey

7. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

butyrate? i cant take that cuz it made me very ill but i think many can and it is supposed to help.

also, anti-inflammatory type diet

maybe probiotics

maybe tasectan?

See more popular forum discussions.