1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Part 2: Brain Cells Making us Sick? Messed up microglia could be driving symptoms
Simon McGrath looks at theories that microglia, the brain's immune cells, might be overactive and driving the symptoms of ME/CFS and fibromyalgia.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

What to do with results from Geneticgenie??

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by Idaho, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Idaho

Idaho

Finally got my results!! Any suggestions as to what to take or do is appreciated: Based on the research, I kinda of assumed this, and this product was suggested: MTHFR A1298C (+/-) :http://www.neurobiologix.com/Neuro-Immune.../46.htm. Now, I know why I don't do well with sulfur foods (garlic)...CBS C699T +/-. MTHFR C677T (-/-) & MTR A2756G (-/-) which tells me I don't need B12 & folate explains and why I felt weird when I took them. Not sure about COMT V158M (+/-), COMT H62H (+/-) & BHMT-08 (+/-)?? txs for any suggestions!
  2. shah78

shah78 Senior Member

st pete , florida
    I'd like to ask you an even more basic question. Where did you find the" tea leaves" on the 23andme site that you send to Genetic genie?
  3. Idaho

Idaho

sorry...I'm not sure what you mean by "tea leaves"?
  4. shah78

shah78 Senior Member

st pete , florida
    tea leaves, as in cryptic information . Where did you find the data that you sent to Geneticgenie? All I found was a bunch of risks of cancer, bloat,eczema et al. or was I Neanderthal.
  5. minkeygirl

minkeygirl Senior Member

Left Coast
    My doc has me taking molybdenum for my CBS mutations. She said 100-300 mcgs for 4 months. I'm still on it so I'm not sure what the next move is.
  6. Idaho

Idaho

I started with getting the test from 23andme.com which takes about 6-8 weeks; then I went to GGenie & downloaded the information which then GGenie breakdowns the results.
    mojoey likes this.
  7. minkeygirl

minkeygirl Senior Member

Left Coast
    I got my results in about 2 1/2 weeks I think. It was before they hit the news last year.
  8. bel canto

bel canto Senior Member

shah78, there is a way to download your "raw" genetic data from 23andme to your computer as a text file. I believe you access it through a "browse" request on 23andme.

The text file of your raw data can then be uploaded by you to genetic genie or other sites which which give you a report on your specific genetics.
    mojoey likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.