1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Leptin
Andrew Gladman reflects upon the recent IACFS/ME conference and the buzz surrounding a small molecule, leptin.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

What to do about positive H2S test?

Discussion in 'The Gut: De Meirleir & Maes; H2S; Leaky Gut' started by xlynx, Jan 27, 2010.

1. xlynx

xlynx Senior Member

London, UK
    My doctor is about to treat me with antibiotics for bacteria overgrowth in the gut followed by heavy dose pro biotics.

A CDSA showed that I have alot of bad bacteria and have had a positive H2S test.

I will post an update of how I get on as after the treatment of antibiotics as I will get another H2S test and will be interested to see if it makes any difference.

Does anyone know what Dr Meirleir uses as a protocol to fix this issue?

Also has anyone tried enteric coated peppermint oil, I read somewhere this is worth while?
  2. susan

susan Senior Member

Gold Coast Australia
    I feel sure once the gut is treated the amonia issue goes away...thats what my Doc told me.
  3. Tony

Tony Still working on it all..

Melbourne, Australia
    De Meirleir's approach here.
    This report is a little dated but still relevant. He doesn't have a one size fits all approach, he treats what he finds. We can have variously different dysbiosis, so will need different antibiotics and probiotics. Some are advised to take VSL#3 while I take S.Boulardii. Some will also take all or some of digestive enzymes, betaine hcl, l glutamine and chlorella etc.
  4. xlynx

xlynx Senior Member

London, UK
    Hey Tony, Thanks for posting.

See more popular forum discussions.