1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and the Magic of the Canine Factor
There's been plenty of research indicating that having pets is good for your health. I never really noticed any particular benefits to having cats, though that may have had more to do with my cats. They've been fairly indifferent to my presence and we've shared a live-and-let-live...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

What to buy: sulfate or sulfite strips?

Discussion in 'Genetic Testing and SNPs' started by tim0011, Mar 28, 2013.

1. tim0011

tim0011

There are 2 different urine strips on Amazon. Which one should I buy?
  2. kgg12003

kgg12003

I bought the sulfate ones.
  3. Lotus97

Lotus97 Senior Member

United States
    There was a recent thread about this in the methylation forums. I haven't read through it so I don't know the answer.
  4. AVS

AVS

I bought sulfate strips because I was under the impression that the sulfur or sulfites in food, supplement, or additive were all converted into sulfate by SOUX. Now, one of the issues I am running across is what time of the day to use the strips. My morning urine sulfate is always around 800 and my afternoon evening is around 200-400. Not sure if the morning urine is all that counts? Sorry for rambling, SULFATE strips are the ones that I bought for around $35 on amazon.
  5. Lotus97

Lotus97 Senior Member

United States
    According dbkita, the amount of protein and methylation can increase sulfates
  6. roxie60

roxie60 Senior Member

Central Illinois, USA
    but isn't it sulfur that causes the amonia build up? so when would one use sulfer strips versus using sulfate strips?
  7. roxie60

roxie60 Senior Member

Central Illinois, USA
    If one has a CBS issue would this dictate which one. I do not know my SOUX, wish someone could figure out which SNPs are related to the SOUX Yasko tests for methylation issues.
  8. caledonia

caledonia

Cincinnati, OH, USA
  9. Lotus97

Lotus97 Senior Member

United States
    You mentioned earlier that you were able to tolerate a higher methylation dose after doing the CBS protocol. So does that mean that someone with high ammonia will also have a harder time tolerating methylation doses?
  10. caledonia

caledonia

Cincinnati, OH, USA
    It's possible, as the high ammonia will make sulfates hard to process, because the pathway is already clogged up with ammonia.

See more popular forum discussions.