Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

What the P2P Draft Agendas Show

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by jspotila, May 22, 2014.

1. jspotila

jspotila Senior Member

Through FOIA, I got copies of two draft agendas for the P2P Workshop. The overview framing of the meeting is the public health problem of "overwhelming fatigue or malaise" and more time is allocated to CBT/GET than to symptom based medication.

http://www.occupycfs.com/2014/05/22/p2p-agenda-fatigue/

ahimsa, catly, GalaxiiGrl and 3 others like this.
  2. Roy S

Roy S former DC ME/CFS lobbyist

Illinois, USA

Thank you for doing the FOIA's, Jennie.
    Needless to say -- this doesn't look good.

Wildcat, peggy-sue and jspotila like this.
  3. A.B.

A.B. Senior Member

Trying to find THE cause of, and THE treatment for fatigue is like trying to find THE cause of, and THE treatment for nausea, or fever, or any other superficial symptom. This approach is flawed from the start. Maybe the people behind this are simply incompetent and unable to see what is obvious, but I would say it's more likely that they know exactly what they're doing and want to obfuscate certain difficult health problems to avoid having to take responsibility.

4. jspotila

jspotila Senior Member

BINGO

I don't have proof for either explanation, but I am really struggling to see how this approach makes sense to them. That view of the problem seems like another planet to me.

Sushi, Nielk and Wildcat like this.

See more popular forum discussions.