Phoenix Rising tells QMUL: release the PACE trial data
Mark Berry, Acting CEO of Phoenix Rising, presents the Board of Directors’ open letter to Queen Mary University of London (QMUL) urging them to release the PACE trial data, and hopes that other non-UK organisations will join British charities in the same request...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

what tests to ask GP for (re treatment with Dr. Myhill)

Discussion in 'ME/CFS Doctors' started by ThankfulWanyana, Aug 10, 2014.

1. ThankfulWanyana

ThankfulWanyana

Can anyone help please ?

I have had ME for 18 years and
    I am now considering having some tests done through Dr Myhill. Can anyone advise as to which tests a GP would be more favourable to me having through the NHS?. I have a new GP and will be seeing him for the first time regarding the condition. I would like to have some awareness of what they might agree to. (I have seen him twice before but not about M.E)

Thank you

Last edited: Aug 13, 2014
  2. maryb

maryb iherb code TAK122

UK
    You need to read the NICE guidelines to see which tests your GP should offer before diagnosing ME (more an exclusion list than anything else) Sorry I don't have the link, but you should be able to find it if you google.
    In my experience they are unlikely to support most of Dr My-hill's suggestions for treatment following tests she recommends. But that's just my GPs:(

ThankfulWanyana and justy like this.
  3. ukxmrv

ukxmrv Senior Member

London
    Here's a previous thread with a post by Dr Shepherd on some NHS tests.

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...why-test-the-blood-dr-charles-shepherd.28065/

I've rarely gained anything useful from a NHS test.

My guess would be that Dr Myhill would be interested in seeing this basic testing carried out. Her Mitochondrial test is a private one and the NHS doesn't pay for that. It's not done through any of their labs.

justy likes this.
  4. ThankfulWanyana

ThankfulWanyana

Thanks. hopefly can find NICE guidelines. :)

5. ThankfulWanyana

ThankfulWanyana

I have already been diagnosed with ME I have had it for 18 years.

Can you direct me to the appropriate part of the NICE guidlines to see which tests my GP should offer for treatment? Have had a look but unable to locate.

Thankyou:)

See more popular forum discussions.