• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

what tests to ask GP for (re treatment with Dr. Myhill)

Can anyone help please ?

I have had ME for 18 years and
I am now considering having some tests done through Dr Myhill. Can anyone advise as to which tests a GP would be more favourable to me having through the NHS?. I have a new GP and will be seeing him for the first time regarding the condition. I would like to have some awareness of what they might agree to. (I have seen him twice before but not about M.E)

Thank you

Last edited:

maryb

iherb code TAK122
You need to read the NICE guidelines to see which tests your GP should offer before diagnosing ME (more an exclusion list than anything else) Sorry I don't have the link, but you should be able to find it if you google.
In my experience they are unlikely to support most of Dr My-hill's suggestions for treatment following tests she recommends. But that's just my GPs:(

ukxmrv

Here's a previous thread with a post by Dr Shepherd on some NHS tests.

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...why-test-the-blood-dr-charles-shepherd.28065/

I've rarely gained anything useful from a NHS test.

My guess would be that Dr Myhill would be interested in seeing this basic testing carried out. Her Mitochondrial test is a private one and the NHS doesn't pay for that. It's not done through any of their labs.

You need to read the NICE guidelines to see which tests your GP should offer before diagnosing ME (more an exclusion list than anything else) Sorry I don't have the link, but you should be able to find it if you google.
In my experience they are unlikely to support most of Dr My-hill's suggestions for treatment following tests she recommends. But that's just my GPs:(

Thanks. hopefly can find NICE guidelines. :)

I have already been diagnosed with ME I have had it for 18 years.

Can you direct me to the appropriate part of the NICE guidlines to see which tests my GP should offer for treatment? Have had a look but unable to locate.

Thankyou:)