• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What pills/supplements do you take everyday?

frenchmoxie triffid113
Hi fm,
I was wondering how much mB12 and adb12 you take. I have TCN2 "frailty gene" as well and think that it drives my symptoms more than my c677t.

Hi stridor,
I'm still in early stages of methylation protocol, so have not yet added in MethylB12. I'm following Yasko protocol to see how it goes. I am taking in about 1300mcg of hydroxyB12 daily, and have been feeling dead-tired, per usual. Can't wait to start experimenting with MethylB12.

physicsstudent13

why exactly does methyl b12 help more than regular b complex with b12? I have bad intestinal, GI GERD disease so maybe I don't absorb b12 but then my blood levels of b12 or vitamin B are high, folate was a little low. I was anemic as a child and started taking ferrous sulfate 650mg/day

Beyond

Juice Me Up, Scotty!!!
At the minute all I take is:

Thorne Basic Nutrients V (6-8 caps a day)
Thorne Methyl Guard (6 caps a day)
Extra Zinc and Copper

I did start doing Yasko for around 9 months, but it didn't help me, and the cost was ridiculous.
Methyl Guard gave me some insane (no pun intended) neurological/psychiatric symptoms after two weeks of use. How are you feeling on it?

@triffid113 So you are taking at least as much supplements as the Yasko people! :eek:

Rand56

Naturethroid - 3 grains daily, split in 4 equally divided doses

Vitex - 800 mg

Pantethine - 900 mg

Ginkgo Biloba - 240 mg

Lumbrokinase - 3 caps

Ionic Magnesium - applied transdermally, approx. 800 mg

Ionic Zinc - taken orally, approx. 72 mg

Feverfew extract - 500 mg

Agmatine - 2 grams. Keeping my fingers crossed on this one. Starting to notice an antidepressant effect. I believe this one is a key player in this regard, although I'm not ruling out some synergy with the other supps.

Rand

stridor

@triffid113
Hi, I found an old post that you had written to me. Sorry I missed it at the time.
You seem well informed and this may be nothing new but those with liver problems who are mercury toxic have to be aware of phase 1 and phase 2 detox systems. Niacin and niacinamide play different roles here. Just saying that a positive response to something like niacinamide could be due to improved liver function and therefore more than just a luxury.
http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1518281
My niacin experiment failed almost immediately. I can not function while supplementing. Take care, brad

dannybex

Naturethroid - 3 grains daily, split in 4 equally divided doses

Vitex - 800 mg

Pantethine - 900 mg

Ginkgo Biloba - 240 mg

Lumbrokinase - 3 caps

Ionic Magnesium - applied transdermally, approx. 800 mg

Ionic Zinc - taken orally, approx. 72 mg

Feverfew extract - 500 mg

Agmatine - 2 grams. Keeping my fingers crossed on this one. Starting to notice an antidepressant effect. I believe this one is a key player in this regard, although I'm not ruling out some synergy with the other supps.

Rand

Hi Rand,I'm curious how you determine how much lumbrokinase to use? I've been taking small amounts of nattokinase, but am always concerned about increased bleeding times and bruising...