• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What Percent of Patients With ME Had a Confirmed or Supposed Viral Onset?

unto

This ME Alliance report by Charles Shepherd, et al., gives a figure of 75% for sudden onset "often dating back to an acute viral infection." Not all sudden onset cases have a viral suspect, but my impression is that those cases that do account for the majority of that 75%.

my debut was sudden, probably viral, with moderate sore throat, low-grade fever (37.2 °), sweating between neck and neck naturally fatigue;
with each passing week came the digestive disorders, concentration / memory problems, headaches, earaches, vulnerability to cold and the sore throat / voice loss that comes and goes ...., joint pain / muscle.

I doubt very much the ME Alliance relationship, other potential causes of ME than the hypothetical viral

because I think that the cause of ME is a germ or a family of germs (viruses) still unknown why some viruses "known" may be reactivated during the crisis of the sick and other germs are easily contracted from sick ME .....

Tammy

I should back up. I meant to state that I am using some herbal "supposed" anti-virals, nothing prescription, yet...
These are the best natural anti-virals I am aware of. Cats Claw, Silver hydrosol, Licorice root, lemon balm, monolaurin, olive leaf............I am going off the top of my head..........I may have left some out.