• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What is your take on Livewello?

Beyond

Juice Me Up, Scotty!!!
If you didnt know they launched a platform of 294 genes with scientific studies trying to back up their possible significance that converts your raw 23andme data. It adds a significative number of SNP´s to the genetic genie methylation panel.

Anyone have used these and think its helpful?

I am interested in expanding my insight on my genes because I have only two MTHFR hetero in my genetic genie, one of them isnt even proven to do anything BUT on the raw data I have at least 50% of mutated genes in the 59 SNP´s of MTHFR, half of them homozigous . And for example the GAD genes are very interesting, they affect your GABA metabolism, which its important. Anyway this platform cannot tell me what scientists yet dont know about all the MTHFR SNP´s for example but offers insight in other areas more studied such as the GAD1 gene.

PD: Agh have just noticed that the proper expression would be "what its your take ON" but cannot edit the title.

Valentijn

I am interested in expanding my insight on my genes because I have only two MTHFR hetero in my genetic genie, one of them isnt even proven to do anything BUT on the raw data I have at least 50% of mutated genes in the 59 SNP´s of MTHFR, half of them homozigous .
I'm working on lists of 23andMe SNPs relevant to us which have research showing how they are functioning (or dysfunctioning). I've done VDR, BHMT, CBS, AHCY, and ACAT over the past few days, and they're posted in this same subforum. I'll be doing the rest from the Yasko panel over the next week or so, with MTRR and MTHFR probably in the next day or two.

So if you can wait a bit, we can have a free answer to our questions up here for anyone to use :D Regarding GAD and such, it's just a matter of time and priorities. But I don't see a need to pay for info which we can collect ourselves.

Bluebell

Agh have just noticed that the proper expression would be "what its your take ON" but cannot edit the title.

Beyond, I think that you can ask a moderator to edit a thread's title for you.

Also, perhaps this would be the most clear way to phrase it: "What is your take on Livewello?"

However, it was quite clear to me, when I first read it, what your title was asking, so please don't feel you need to change it in order to get your meaning across. :)

----
Just pondering this noun that is made from a verb... having a "take" on something does sound a bit weird! English is so strange sometimes, isn't it? :confused: But it's very versatile and vibrant, of course.

Bluebell

Beyond

Juice Me Up, Scotty!!!
Hehe every now and then I have some big mistakes in grammar. But its allright, once I get into reading English complex books it will be corrected. In my original language people often will ask me for grammar, and I never needed as a teen to study grammar rules, because being a book geek naturally takes care of that. :nerd:

Bluebell

The forum thread I linked to in my post above contains his actual Livewello report as a PDF file, so I downloaded it and I am using it for all the rs numbers that they have listed -- it has so many more rs numbers than I previously knew about, so I'm happy with that.

Does the Livewello sample report that one has to register for contain any more details than the PDF report that is attached to that PhoenixRising thread I linked to above?

Note: I wasn't thinking of doing the Livewello report myself. I don't run my data through these external reports, whether they are free or not, because I'm cautious about giving strangers the exact recipe on how to make a Bluebell!

Maybe later I will change my mind, and run my data through some of these reports. Maybe I will do Valentijn's analysis when she has it prepared, I don't know.

But I was asking about Livewello because I have a big list of methylation links (the link to that is in my signature line below), and I want to keep my list updated with all the services that people can use to analyze their 23andMe data, both free and paid-for services.

Beyond

Juice Me Up, Scotty!!!
... I cannot lie. Yes I am a charmer! :D

About livewello, yes we should collect the data ourselves, why pay for something that takes a hour or two. The rs´s are listed there, let me take a look but I think they are the same than in that thread. Yeah it is the same.

I honestly have little interest in clotting factors and some others. Methylation its the priority, but it has a lot of new SNP´s there. The MTHFD one for instance makes possible that one needs choline supplementation.

I wasn't able to see the sample report from your link but when I googled it, this link worked: http://bit.ly/1jnlf4X
Not sure but it's looking like they're now doing many more SNPs and results for diseases. Anyone know where the link to use Valentijn's analysis can be found?