Get a Ringside Seat for Invest in ME’s 10th International Conference on 29 May
This Friday, 29 May sees the tenth International ME Conference put on by UK research charity Invest in ME (IiME) in London. The day-long conference will include 220 participants from 17 countries and will be attended by researchers, clinicians and patients.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

What is this horrible metallic taste??

Discussion in 'Hypersensitivity and Intolerance' started by juniemarie, Sep 3, 2010.

1. juniemarie

juniemarie Senior Member

Albuquerque
    Rich I will look into this test, my only concern is if I do have high levels of some metal what then? Is there anything to be done about it? If not seems like the info wont really help.

2. richvank

richvank Senior Member

Hi, Juniemarie.

There are several chelating agents available for various metals. I think the first step would be to find out whether your level of any of the metals is elevated. Then, if one is, you can look at the available chelators to see which would be the best to use.

Best regards,

Rich

3. pken

pken

There was an interesting piece on television here in the UK about people who consumed pine nuts getting a metallic taste in their mouth that could last for weeks after they stopped consuming them. Maybe there's something like that involved?

4. juniemarie

juniemarie Senior Member

Albuquerque
    pken Oddly enough I live in N.M. where pinon(pine nuts) is abundant and extremely popular. Sold onthe side of the rd certain times of the year........I cant stand them and never eat them.

5. DCinWV

DCinWV

I get a terrible taste in my mouth. Sometimes it tastes like metal. Usually it progresses till nothing I eat tastes good. Sometimes it gets so bad I can't eat anything. You might read this http://www.webmd.boots.com/oral-health/guide/metallic-taste-bad-taste I Didn't really see anyone else mention this but but when I start having problems I start taking 50-150 mgs of zinc a day and usually it takes care of it within a week or two. I take the zinc for about a month or so and then stop until I start having problems again.

Hope this helps.

See more popular forum discussions.