1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
9th Invest in ME International ME Conference, 2014 - Part 2: Pathogens and the Gut
Mark Berry continues his series of articles on the 9th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London, with the emphasis shifting from autoimmunity to pathogens and the gut ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

What is this horrible metallic taste??

Discussion in 'Hypersensitivity and Intolerance' started by juniemarie, Sep 3, 2010.

1. juniemarie

juniemarie Senior Member

Albuquerque
    Rich I will look into this test, my only concern is if I do have high levels of some metal what then? Is there anything to be done about it? If not seems like the info wont really help.
  2. richvank

richvank Senior Member

Hi, Juniemarie.

There are several chelating agents available for various metals. I think the first step would be to find out whether your level of any of the metals is elevated. Then, if one is, you can look at the available chelators to see which would be the best to use.

Best regards,

Rich
  3. pken

pken

There was an interesting piece on television here in the UK about people who consumed pine nuts getting a metallic taste in their mouth that could last for weeks after they stopped consuming them. Maybe there's something like that involved?
  4. juniemarie

juniemarie Senior Member

Albuquerque
    pken Oddly enough I live in N.M. where pinon(pine nuts) is abundant and extremely popular. Sold onthe side of the rd certain times of the year........I cant stand them and never eat them.

See more popular forum discussions.