• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What is this buzzed feeling?

confetti11

@confetti11, I saw your other thread where you just went through a very stressful few days. IMO these symptoms maybe in part, a result, a delayed reaction to all of that intense pressure and stress, and perhaps will subside a bit in the next few days.

It is very frustrating that just when we need to sleep, we can't. But I do think in part that that's because (again in part) that 'candle' got burnt at both ends, and the middle, so we don't have the reserves we need to calm down.

Another possibility is if you felt better when you're out, and worse when you're home, is you may have some sort of hidden mold in your house or apartment?

Thanks, dannybex. Yes, I did have a tough/long day on Tuesday. I felt okayish during it, but it's likely that my body can only handle so much, and hence, the fall out. I also just finished 10 days of a cold on about the Sunday before this Tuesday, so my immune system/body also just had a major work out. A lot going on for this body that's in a relapse and trying to recover from that. (Also my first relapse without any family to support me, first one I'm alone, this is making it worse too I think.)

Re mold: I don't feel better when I'm out of the house. I've never seen any pattern there. Sometimes I feel worse when leaving, sometimes better. Sometimes my home feels like a prison, so getting out helps.

confetti11

Hi confetti, it sounds like you are experienced the "wired' of ME.. its usually wired but tired. It leaves one not knowing what to do with oneself and its very easy for one to do to much in this state and end up in a worst crash. A bout of feeling cold with this also a sign that you need to slow down (which can be hard in this state as its unsettling)

. Anxiety can be kicking in as part of this wired.. and the thoughts are trying to run at 100 miles per hour so its not only the body which cant settle... any way it leaves one not knowing what to do with oneself and all all over the place with things.

Ive just come out of a horrid bout of all this after doing too much the other day. Its aweful, I can hardly function when Im in this state. I feel like Im an a very old wind up toy which was wound out way to far when in this state.. very restless, cant get the rest one needs, cant sleep and if one does one tosses and turns all night. I often suffering hot and cold feelings with this.

I can feel that my immune system right now feels down after coming out of my latest bout with this (cough) as it makes me unable to rest when needed

Thanks, taniaaust1. Yes, I can hardly function either. All it does is makes me want to be anywhere but in my skin...and we all know that's unavoidable. So, I just have to endure. That's why I count the minutes...

confetti11

I see some here calling it "tired but wired" but for me there is definitely a difference between the "tired but wired" and the buzzed / electrified feeling as you describe it.

There are some similarities but the "tired but wired" for me is like pounding (lower frequency) whereas the buzzed feeling is more like a high frequency feeling like when you put your fingers in a wall socket.
When I have this it usually is at night after to much activities in the evening. I feel it in my core and head.

I don't know if others also experience both types, if not it may be easy to mix them up.

This is how I explain it to myself but I think there are no clear definitions.

Thanks, Marc_NL. I agree. I know the wired/tired feeling and it's a much more benign feeling for me than what I had going on yesterday. I have had the feeling in the evening after a long day too, as you describe. For me, the wired feeling is even 1000 times worse than even that feeling. But, there is something better about having it in the evening in general...it's dark outside, the world is more quiet, I can just take a bath and go to bed.

arewenearlythereyet

I'm so sorry! Are you really debilitated when it's strong too?
Yesterday was pants. I wouldn't say it's debilitating like a crash...more annoying in that you feel you have this fake excess energy but just can't direct it ...can't concentrate on anything ...also very emotional. Couldn't get to sleep last night either. Today much better thank goodness, although I do feel like I've got the hangover from hell.

confetti11

Yesterday was pants. I wouldn't say it's debilitating like a crash...more annoying in that you feel you have this fake excess energy but just can't direct it ...can't concentrate on anything ...also very emotional. Couldn't get to sleep last night either. Today much better thank goodness, although I do feel like I've got the hangover from hell.

Thanks!

So, I'm curious...sorry for more questions, but by crash do you mean not getting out of bed, etc.? I'm trying to see if I'm using the same definition for debilitated. I can almost always get up, but like yesterday (until I ended up being able to go out), I would swear I could not go anywhere. Too uneasy and almost nauseous. I call that pretty debilitated.

But yes on "too much" and not concentrating and yes very emotional.

I *think* may have slept almost 7 hours solid last night!! New recent record. I don't remember getting up, although I might have once. I ended up getting 8 hours or so.

I'm feeling a little hangoverish too. I wonder if it's like the fall out from all of that adrenaline or something?

arewenearlythereyet

Thanks!

So, I'm curious...sorry for more questions, but by crash do you mean not getting out of bed, etc.? I'm trying to see if I'm using the same definition for debilitated. I can almost always get up, but like yesterday (until I ended up being able to go out), I would swear I could not go anywhere. Too uneasy and almost nauseous. I call that pretty debilitated.

But yes on "too much" and not concentrating and yes very emotional.

I *think* may have slept almost 7 hours solid last night!! New recent record. I don't remember getting up, although I might have once. I ended up getting 8 hours or so.

I'm feeling a little hangoverish too. I wonder if it's like the fall out from all of that adrenaline or something?
Yes...crash for me is just overwhelming lack of energy struggle to stand up etc, crushing headache, nausea, confusion and sound light sensitivity etc.