• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What is the real cause?

alex3619

Radiation can damage individual genes in random ways. It does not cause the polymorphisms that we are talking about here present in every cell in your body except blood cells.

Red blood cells may also be damaged by snps. They grow with a nucleus, they use the same rules as other cells, but they lose the nucleus later on. Mature cells have no nucleus. So they may still have defective nuclear encoded proteins etc. Then of course there is the DNA in the mitochondria. They still have that and it can also be damaged by events. Other blood cells still have their nucleus.

The issue with radiation damage to genes is that every cell will be damaged differently. Its children who inherit that damage who have widespread defects. One of the best ways to think of radiation damage is as severe and ongoing poisoning. Radioactive particles/molecules can settle in and keep radiating for a long time, and with some radiactive susbstances that it would be far longer than a human lifetime before that stopped.

Beyond

Juice Me Up, Scotty!!!
Violeta mutations we carry them all of our life, but they get expressed in times of stress, be it emotional or physical (heavy metals, infections etc). That´s why some get "crazy" or depressed from traumatic experiences and others carry on. I guess that the opposite of stress (joy, tranquility) would eventually revert that expression, along with taking care of the phyisical triggers, which for some would include leaky gut, chronic infections, methylation blocks, adrenal fatigue (HPA dysregulation) and thyroid imbalances. As far as I can remember I always had mental problems which are clearly related to neurotransmitter metabolism so maybe some genes and dysfunctions on methylation will be there always, unless vaccines did this to me, I wouldn´t be surprised.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0891584909000859

Even WI-Fi might be affecting our genes, there are a lot of studies on the field proving it affects DNA.

Violeta

Thanks for the input everybody. I had to work today, and I'm so tired, but I will get through all the info. I appreciate it.

Violeta

Hi Violeta,

The faulty replication of genes caused by folate and/or MeCbl deficiencies is suspected of causing some cancers. Research is ongoing. Cervical cell abnormalities caused by MeCbl deficiency show up on PAP tests.

Fatty liver is usually associated with alcoholism which causes a blood profile that can be mistaken for b12 deficiency. Alcoholism can cause multiple vitamin (ALL of them), protein deficiencies, mineral deficiencies, everything nutritional deficient, as it provides a greater and greater percentage of empty calories, like eating pure sugar.

Although fatty liver is usually associated with alcoholism, NAFLD, non alcoholic fatty liver disease, is very common. In the article I linked, Chris Masterjohn doesn't mention stress as a cause but it is a very common cause of it. http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/09/080909131223.htm You don't have to be an alcoholic or have poor nutrition.

In his article, Masterjohn says that fatty liver messes up methylation. So, call me crazy, but I was hoping that cleaning out the liver would improve digestion (and the choline/inositol has already done that for me), improve bile flow (which would increase absorption of nutrients), restart up methylation, and I would be able to get the nutrients I need from food, of all things.

So that's where the reishi comes in; it helps the adrenals. I just started that about a week ago, so we'll see where that takes me.

I've heard that there is a link between stress and cancer, but I haven't looked into that yet. Stress is the devil, for sure.

Beyond

Juice Me Up, Scotty!!!
I tried Paradise Herbs reishi, it didnt have any effect sadly. I became so frustrated with it that took 14 capsules one night (was taking for sleep and adrenal fatigue). For improving liver health and bile output Artichoke Extract, though not as exotic, seems a good option. It has been reported that it lowers cholesterol and improves IBS in the medical literature.

Violeta

I tried Paradise Herbs reishi, it didnt have any effect sadly. I became so frustrated with it that took 14 capsules one night (was taking for sleep and adrenal fatigue). For improving liver health and bile output Artichoke Extract, though not as exotic, seems a good option. It has been reported that it lowers cholesterol and improves IBS in the medical literature.

That's too bad that it didn't work for you. Fourteen capsules, wow! Do you have insomnia?

Paradise is the brand I'm taking for about a week now. I'm not sure if it was that or not, but it seemed so much stronger than the tincture I was taking that I could only take one a day. Yesterday I went back up to two a day and was okay. I have a Dragonherbs tincture that I've taken it with, took it out of the capsule and mixed it with a little decaf coffee....way too strong with respect to an immune reaction. For a couple of days it made me sick and sleep for 12 hours a night, but I just figured that was working something out. Now that I'm on the other side of that, I can see rhat was true.

I'm still on the fence about whether I should go back to a tincture, find a tea, or stick with the capsules. My husband had deep vein thrombosis several years ago so I told him that it's supposed to thin the blood, and he started taking the tincture. Two or three days after taking it, the swelling in his ankle that he had had for years went down! I was hoping he would try just the capsules since his symptom would be an easier marker for effect, but he went out and bought his own tincture.

Do you eat dairy protein? I know everyone is different, but at least for me, what a difference.

Artichoke is one thing I haven't tried, have you? I might get that with my next iherb order. And I might get a reishe cordyceps combination.

Beyond

Juice Me Up, Scotty!!!
Yes I have very bad insomnia that has lasted now three years, although it fluctuates a lot, from hellish to just annoying. I was having some weeks of almost no insomnia and the last days I am back to falling asleep at 2 AM (medium hell).

You mean eating dairy? Yes it makes a big difference for me along with gluten, in the number of night wakings. When I eat it I can wake up easily 4 times per night. Without it is 2 or 1 wakings.

I haven´t tried artichoke yet. I have tried cordyceps. It is good for breathing (more oxygen to the cells and thus more enery) and libido. The best brand that I know of is hyperion herbs.

Violeta

Insomnia is horrible. I was awake til I don't know when last night and thought I would go crazy. Dairy and gluten do make me wake up more often at night, too.

I came down with terrible joint and tendon pain a couple of years ago and read an old online book about uric acid. The author says that uric acid causes a lot of things besides gout. He says that when the uric acid is in the blood, as opposed to in the joints or organs, it causes insomnia and migraines. Since then I go back and forth between eating purines and not eating purines, and found that it's true, for me at least. I started eating beans a couple of days ago after cutting out dairy, and that might have caused the insomnia last night. Reishi is supposed to strenghten the organs so that your body can get rid of the uric acid the way it's supposed to, so I'm hoping that between that and not eating so much, as I really overdid it yesterday, might make me be able to continue to use beans as protein. If not, I'll have to go to simply nuts.

Thanks, I will look for that brand.