New Atmosphere, New Vision: Gibson and Whittemore Kick Off Invest in ME Conference 2016
Mark Berry reports on Dr. Gibson's introduction and Dr. Whittemore's keynote speech, at the 11th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

What is the best Ginko Biloba ?

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by Bansaw, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Bansaw

Bansaw Senior Member

What brand and form of Ginko Biloba is the best?

2. Dufresne

Dufresne almost there...

Montreal
    The best I've tried is the one I got from Costco. It's from a company called Health Balance. It's concentrated and maintains its strength due to it being in a gel cap.

3. taniaaust1

taniaaust1 Senior Member

Sth Australia
    @Dufresne , did you find it actually did anything for you? (I haven't found it helpful for anything to do with ME)

4. Bansaw

Bansaw Senior Member

5. Bansaw

Bansaw Senior Member

Actually, a little research and I find out that a lot of Ginkgo supps contain high Ginkgolic acid content which can be detrimental.
    Europe has strict guidelines on this, but the US does not.
    My doc alwasy talks about Standard Process supps as being the best. They are the most expensive actually, but I checked it out and they have a stellar reputation.
    Here is the Ginkgo they sell:
    https://www.standardprocess.com/Products/MediHerb/Ginkgo-Forte#.VyNqj_krJpg

6. Dufresne

Dufresne almost there...

Montreal
    I looked for it online as well and couldn't find it. Health Balance is regularly found at Costco, but for some reason their Ginkgo is not listed online.

Gel caps are always my favorite form, as they preserve potency well and don't have alcohol.

7. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem All Good Things Must Come to an End

Ginkgo tones down my tinnitus, but I don't think it does anything for my ME.

See more popular forum discussions.