• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

what is the best antibacterial for m.e cfs either pharmaceutical or herbal for m.e cfs

bohemian

There are many issues.

How do you get a british doctor to recognise a positive test for lyme performed in american lab?

Do british doctors recognise mycoplasms fermentans and do they treat with cipro doxycline or others

I spoke to an expert about m.e and it is usually caused by a viral injury - does this include hhv6a. Any treatment given for this in uk.

How do you persuade a psycho that you may be infected with an enterovirus. Anyone seen any doctors on the above in the uk.

I would appreciate all your help in trying to get away from psychos. I am being destroyed on clozapene and psycho drygs. There obsessed with its just anxiety and stress.

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
There are many issues.

How do you get a british doctor to recognise a positive test for lyme performed in american lab?

Do british doctors recognise mycoplasms fermentans and do they treat with cipro doxycline or others

I spoke to an expert about m.e and it is usually caused by a viral injury - does this include hhv6a. Any treatment given for this in uk.

How do you persuade a psycho that you may be infected with an enterovirus. Anyone seen any doctors on the above in the uk.

I would appreciate all your help in trying to get away from psychos. I am being destroyed on clozapene and psycho drygs. There obsessed with its just anxiety and stress.

Hi, as far as I know you can not find a Dr in the UK to treat these things adequately. Their are a lot fo people with ME and Lyme etc who have to travel abroad - I go to Europe for treatment - Lyme, Bart, Mycoplasma fermentans and Cpn. The BS clinic in Hemel Hempstead treat but they are VERY expensive.

Could you try herbals like Cowden or Buhners protocols? both have books available. Failing that many people in the UK take high dose Allicin max to help them fight bacterial infections. I really wish you luck, I know what a terrible situation you are in and have no idea what to do for the best to help you.

Justy

Cheesus

Those labs are worse than useless. They have absolutely no corroborating evidence to suggest their results are of any value whatsoever. I would seriously urge you to rethink any diagnosis derived from a commercial Lyme lab.

My suggestion with psychiatrists is not to try and persuade them of anything at all, but rather to steer well clear. Cancel all appointments with them. Leave your local ME service. Have nothing to do with them. They have no legal right to control your treatment if you are not willing to allow them. It is a fruitless endeavour trying to get them on side and they are a danger to your longterm health.

JES

You probably can't. Perhaps easier way would be to first get a lyme test in a british lab, then if that's positive it's easy to obtain at least a short course of antibiotics and see if that has any effect at all.

No, I doubt hardly any doctor in Europe would recognize mycoplasma fermentans. Mycoplasma pneumoniae is what is often recognized as the only "mycoplasma" infection.

It is not known whether ME is caused by a herpesvirus, it doesn't seem very likely, so hard to obtain treatment for that.

No way to persuade, it is hard enough to persuade any doctor about that, let alone a psychiatrist. Dr Chia in California is the only doctor that has expertise in ME & enteroviruses. I do myself think at least part of ME is caused by an enterovirus, but there are hardly any labs in the world that do proper tests for them.

Not sure why they would prescribe an atypical antipsychotic for anxiety, I would stay away from such a doctor. There are plenty of psychiatrists that can prescribe a more appropriate medication than that for anxiety.

bohemian

Any experince- neuroendicrineimmune how would a british doctor make of that i cant really describe neuroimmune exhaustion is it measurable