• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What Is Faith?

hellytheelephant

Think of how you use 'faith' in a non-religious context. If you are a rock climber, having faith in your harness and rope means you are willing to start climbing with it, you will use the equipment you have to scale the rock wall. Faith without works, without that effort is, well, as Paul would say, dead.

I love this analogy. For many of us the miracle is that we keep going at all. On a bad day I try to think that God is NOT asking me to solve everything myself, but only to keep taking the next small step.The first time I was affected with cfs I had not faith at all. It is very different this time round. I feel there is meaning in what I have to go through, even if I often can't see what the meaning is.

Of course, if God wanted to heal me in a miracle I would not object, (there are many requests pending :) ) but until that happens, it is hand over hand up that rock wall.

This is a really old post @kurt, I hope you are still climbing!

student

Yes. To everyone of you- do the small effords. Try to takel. I will make mistakes in my therapie. (God has to eaven care for that. He shure wants the healing.) In my case it is much more likely to have the verry short little steps & a long list of additional means.

The Backbone of Redox pathways (the Glutahtion) – has come out of order. A list of bowl – nerval pathway quality will be established (plus food and drinking habits). An early list – of sleeping habits will be a crutial concern. It is likely that more than 10 rules are to be taken into my heart. For me this was important: And there will be people that continually care and pray for me. And it may be helpfull to find a „yes“. To the condition I am in.

To all who read. Chear up trust. Lets be verry practical in this. Do keep on – „doing“ and practically climing.