1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Part 2: Brain Cells Making us Sick? Messed up microglia could be driving symptoms
Simon McGrath looks at theories that microglia, the brain's immune cells, might be overactive and driving the symptoms of ME/CFS and fibromyalgia.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

What is Diolein and why is it stuck in me?

Discussion in 'Diagnostic Guidelines and Laboratory Testing' started by justy, Jan 23, 2012.

1. justy

justy Senior Member

U.K
    A simple question i would have thought, but not much clarity on the issue by googling - not that my poor brain can understand anyway.

So what is Diolein? and why is it stuck onto my mitochondrial membranes? and how can i get it off? how can i stop it coming back?
  2. justy

justy Senior Member

U.K
    I sppent quite a lot of money on translocator protein studies, and this is what it says (amongst other things) and i don't understand it.
    Please help!
    someone here must have some idea about all this, otherwise the test was a complete waste of money (well id say it was anyway)

All the best, Justy.
  3. Jenny

Jenny Senior Member

London
    I believe diolein is a pro-inflammatory fatty acid. So probably not a good thing to have in you. I think it's in, or results from the ingestion of, certain cooking oils.

I'm afraid I don't know what one can do about it - I've had these Acumen tests and although a lot of abnormalities came up I didn't get any useful suggestions for treatment.

I'm sure others will know more.

Jenny
  4. justy

justy Senior Member

U.K
    Thanks Jenny for the reply - yes i agree that this particular test doesnt seem that useful, other than doing FAR saunas, which is recommended anyway. Oh well!

Thanks anyway, Justy.

See more popular forum discussions.