• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What is different between healthy people and PWCs?

hixxy

It's not only a financial burden but also very annoying because you never treat the cause but only a consequence. While you may fix one symptom, others may appear. Moreover the human body is complex and we have many systems that work synergistically, so it's always best to start fixing problems at the deepest level because higher level treatments will not be required then.

This is the biggest reason I am sick of treating symptoms. Thanks for articulating it better then I could!

Also, I'm sure there is a methylation block, but I am certain now that treating it directly isn't the only way this can be lifted. It's obviously int some of us it's more like a methylation supression than a self perpetuating block that must be lifted with supplements.

This is why people are having success with recovering using treatments not including the methylation treatment.

Wonko

Yesterday I talked to a friend. He is perfectly healthy, has no allergies, does lots of sports and is in perfect shape. When we talked about his work, he told me something that doesn't go out of my head. Despite the fact that he is perfectly healthy, he said, that there are days, where he has to get up very early in the morning, works (physical) and gets home late at night. He has normal meals but he is so tired then, that he goes to bed early. He doesn't even want to watch TV. His fatigue seems to be very much like PWCs fatigue. In this state, additional tasks just wear him out. In contrast to PWCs however, after one night of sleep he is back at 100% energy. Another thing he said was that when he gets not enough sleep for several days he will suffer from bad concentration and fatigue during the day. Not exactly like brain fog but going into this direction. He is less able to accomplish his tasks as good as he normally does. So in the end, it would be very interesting to know what fatigue actually is and why the bodies of healthy people can suffer from the same fatigue as PWCs (if they work hard enough) do but are able to overcome it within one night. What's the difference? For me it seems that we don't even know what fatigue actually is. ATP, mitochondria, hormones, neurotransmitters?

It's not the same type of fatigue. I've done the 18 hour days, manual labour, 7 days a week, week in week out for months, I know what normal fatigue feels like, This isnt it, this is both different and more incapacating. ME is disabling, being a bit knackered isnt !!!