1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
AVIVA Semi-Finals: National ME/FM Action Network is competing for $100,000
The National ME/FM Action Network in Canada is competing for $100,000 for biomedical research of ME and FM in the Aviva Community Fund contest. With thanks to all who helped, they made it through the first round of voting into the Semi-Finals.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

What is causing trouble with antibiotic?

Discussion in 'Genetic Testing and SNPs' started by Mindy, Sep 7, 2013.

1. Mindy

Mindy

I'm dealing with very high sulfur and ammonia levels right now due to CBS. But I have a bladder infection, so the dr. prescribed tetracyclone since it's not a sulfur drug. Yet I took just one 100 mg pill, and my head feels like it's going to explode even 9 hrs later (it's the same feeling I had last week after taking a Unisom which has tons of sulfur-related chemicals in the ingredient list) and when I took an OTC bladder infection pill that contained advil.

Molyb helps clear my head a little, but just for a short time. I'm having to eat it like candy.

But if this one doesn't have any sulfur, then why would it be causing such a terrible reaction? I definetly think it's related to the sulfur/ammonia b/c I've only experienced these issues since dealing with MTHFR.

Any input appreciated.

2. Valentijn

Valentijn Activity Level: 3

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    There are no CBS SNPs shown to cause sulfur or ammonia problems.

3. Mindy

Mindy

Valentijn, then what could it be that has caused high sulfur and ammonia levels for me since I took methyl supplements? My Dr. and the heartfixer site say that it is CBS (with SUOX as well, which is also defective for me).

So maybe it's not CBS, but I clearly have sulfur and ammonia problems right now. So what in the medications could be intensifying the sulfur issue so terribly? thanks.

4. Valentijn

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    No idea, but it isn't CBS. You'll notice that the heartfixer site doesn't cite any sources for its claims. I've read all of the available research regarding the CBS SNPs tested by 23andMe, and none are capable of causing sulfur problems.

maryb likes this.
  5. Mindy

Mindy

Valentijn Interesting. I guess I'm less concerned about which SNP is causing it, but am more focused on how to get beyond this problem.

Has your research led you to believe that taking methylated supplements can "active" or cause a sulfur intolerance where it wasn't before? This is the case with me, and I'm baffled by it and trying to fix it. Have you seen that the heartfixer protocol for sulfur/ammonia is successful (whether it's caused by CBS or another gene)?

6. Valentijn

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    No idea, sorry.

See more popular forum discussions.