1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and the Magic of the Canine Factor
There's been plenty of research indicating that having pets is good for your health. I never really noticed any particular benefits to having cats, though that may have had more to do with my cats. They've been fairly indifferent to my presence and we've shared a live-and-let-live...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

what is C4A?

Discussion in 'Diagnostic Guidelines and Laboratory Testing' started by sarahg, Nov 9, 2009.

1. floydguy

floydguy Senior Member

I don't think it's totally clear yet what causes high C4a. Certainly, I would check for mold in the house. But it's not always just mold causing high levels. In my case, I lived in the desert in a tent for several months and my levels went higher. With high levels like yours, you can certainly conclude your immune system is either dysfunctional or being disturbed by something. But I am not sure you can conclude anything specific. Shoemaker would probably say that the fluctuation has to do with mold exposure and that may be occasionally be the case but I am not sure if anybody really knows in all cases. Mine have been as high as 67,000 but now are typically at 15,000. I haven't gotten them checked for a while. I don't think my insurance covers the test any more.
  2. mlccc2

mlccc2

Thanks for your reply. When your C4a was at 67,000 did you have any symptoms? How about at 15,000? Any exposure to mold? Any symptoms now? I have numerous neurological problems that change all the time. We did have our house remediated for mold as one of our shower pans was leaking. I basically just feel lousy all the time. Doesn't help to have Epstein Barr virus either.
  3. mlccc2

mlccc2

Anyone experienced several episodes of muscle twitching/leg cramps along with itchy skin, a sense of something crawling on you and your hands going numb? My hands are almost always ice cold for some reason and I have no history of poor circulation. Above symptoms are really pronounced when I attempt to lie down anywhere and frequently wake me up.
  4. mlccc2

mlccc2

Anyone able to read Ignex Western Blot tests? I cannot get the ordering physician to interpret mine. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Ignex panel results were as follows:

(Lyme IgM Western Blot)

IGENEX IGM RESULTS NEGATIVE
    CDC/NYS RESULTS NEGATIVE

18kDa -
    **23-25 kDa -
    28kDa -
    30kDa -
    **31kDa -
    **34kDa -
    **39kDa -
    **41kDa IND