Home care is the theme for Severe ME Day on August 8th
Why should home care be the theme on Understanding and Remembrance Day for Severe ME on August 8? Helen Brownlie of the 25% ME Group has written an explanation for Phoenix Rising ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

What is black mold?

Discussion in 'Addressing Biotoxin, Chemical & Food Sensitivities' started by cigana, Dec 23, 2013.

1. cigana

cigana Senior Member

Don't tell me, "mold that is black" ;)
    But I keep hearing mention of black mold. I have lots of mold in my house, and it is very black, but aren't most molds black?

2. leela

leela Slow But Hopeful

Couchland, USA
    "Black mold" usually refers to Stachybotrys, a particularly nasty strain of mold that produces tricothecene mycotoxins.
    It is not always black, either; and yes many molds have a black color.

If you have lots of mold in your house, you might want to do some serious research on testing, proper, careful remediation, or relocation, because toxic mold + compromised immune system is a bad combo.

There are many threads on PR regarding mold (@slayadragon has compiled a lot of very useful info)--some believe that mold is actually the cause or trigger for ME. Either way it is entirely unhelpful and unhealthful to live in a moldy environment, especially when trying to get well.
    slayadragon and cigana like this.

See more popular forum discussions.