• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What info do I need

Hi all,

I'm wondering what info I need to we need but first a little background.

My wife has ME which came on during pregnant. She has now had it for about 14 years. We have 4 daughters.
We have two daughters who got glandular fever when they were about 3, had low energy during their childhood which got worse at puberty (now are 15 and 19) and fit the Canadian Def..
We have another daughter (20) who had 14 months very sick from a head injury when she was about 14. When she was about 18 she came down with two virus' in a row and it seemed as if the head injury had return (not logical now we look back but I don't anyone wanted to admit that it was maybe ME). After 14 months of being very unwell she was admitted to ED with an infection. They did not know what it was so they threw everything at it (3 days of IV Aciclovir 300mg Q8H, 4 days of IV Ceftriaxone 2g Q8H, 3.5 days Metronidazole 500mg Q8H). This not only got rid of her infection but her other symptoms improved substantially. She never got 100% health back but she was much better. Unfortunately she is now declining again and we are wondering what to do. We are in New Zealand and there is no way we will get IV meds again just for the ME symptoms. We have a supportive GP but he is cautious.

I'm wondering what I need to know so I can maybe convince our GP to try oral antivirals.
Are there any published studies by people such as Dr Lerner?
To be honest I'm not sure what to ask but would grateful for any ideas.
I am constantly amazed at how much you all know and remember.

Thanks for anything you can offer.

Don

*GG*