Invest in ME Conference 12: First Class in Every Way
OverTheHills wraps up our series of articles on this year's 12th Invest in ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London with some reflections on her experience as a patient attending the conference for the first time.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

What has helped improve your energy the most?

Discussion in 'Post-Exertional Malaise, Fatigue, and Crashes' started by nryanh94, Nov 27, 2017.

1. place

place Be Strong!

US
    This question is ask nearly every year and it is amazing to see its progression of treatment.

1. T3, thyroid meds

2. Gluten free and dairy free diet

3. Ldn( which I think gets the thyroid working better )

4 supliments: vD, l carintine, b12 protocol, d ribose, coq 10, anything supporting methylation.

4.5 potassium- I give it its own line as if I feel sluggish, brain fog; tired not myself, I take 600mg and I’m back in the game immediately.

5 . light box therapy during the winter.

There is more but .... these are my go to’s

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017 at 7:25 PM
    Learner1 likes this.
  2. hamsterman

hamsterman Senior Member

Los Angeles
    Similar to Inester7
    1) Pacing (with a heartrate monitor). (that's the biggie)
    2) LDN (helped with brain-fog)
    3) Supplements (Creatine, COQ10, BCAA).. (not 100% certain here, but seemed to improve endurance)
    4) Better sleep management (Still an ongoing battle... but at least I've improved here)
    5) Corticosteroid assisted Exercising. (A bit radical, but so far has solved my POTS, and reduced my heartrate for other activities)

3. Bander

Bander

After a crash, the only remedy that works for me is spending most of the day resting in bed preferably in a darkened room for many days in a row (sometimes weeks or months), which supports the idea of pacing to prevent that, as others have mentioned. For energy, nothing has come close to the boost I got from switching to a ketogenic diet. For memory and concentration, Ritalin works best for me (I take the time-release version called Concerta).

4. place

place Be Strong!

US
    @hamsterman , I have always thought pacing with heart rate would be the best. How do you do it?

5. Learner1

Learner1 Professional Patient

Pacific Northwest
    Valganciclovir
    LDN
    T3/T4
    Hydrocortisone
    B12 and other methylation supplements
    PolyMVA
    NT Factor
    NADH
    IVIG
    HBOT, UVBI, and ozone
    Staying as fit as I can by pacing exercise (weight lifting and careful walking) with heart rate

Diwi9 likes this.
  6. hamsterman

hamsterman Senior Member

Los Angeles
    There is a great facebook page here... https://www.facebook.com/groups/ME.CFS.HRM/

Its really geared towards helping the non-techie people. Many of the documents and how-tos available there are geared towards the polar A360 and A370.

It's a bit daunting at first... but you'll get the hang of it.

place likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.