The Power and Pitfalls of Omics: George Davey Smith’s storming talk at ME/CFS conference
Read about the talk that stole the show at a recent ME/CFS conference in Simon McGrath's two-part blog.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

What has helped improve your energy the most?

Discussion in 'Post-Exertional Malaise, Fatigue, and Crashes' started by nryanh94, Nov 27, 2017.

1. nryanh94

nryanh94

Just curious as I'm new hear and couldn't find a thread on it!

Whether it's a supplement, Dr, protocol, diet, antiviral, etc.

mrquasar and pamojja like this.
  2. lnester7

lnester7 Seven

USA
    1) Pacing. I get to do more if I don't overdo.
    2) D-ribose (not immediate results, slowly just noticed if I stop after a bag)
    3) LDN
    This combo I got from a video on mitochondria disease. I get the most results with any recommendation for those patient group. Is what I increase when in crash
    4)COQ10 400mg twice a day (I can go as high as 1200mg a day ) I don't due to cost.
    5) ACL with ALA 500mg (they come together in a pill from GNC).

echobravo and pamojja like this.
  3. Wishful

Wishful Senior Member

In the 'Possible PEM Blocker' thread in the PEM sub-forum I recently gave my observation of what worked for me last week: cumin seed. I had some cumin seed in a pancake, and it gave me 8 days of vacation from PEM and a great reduction in my baseline ME/CFS symptoms. That certainly counts as 'improved energy'. It wore off a couple of days ago, and I feel really lousy in comparison. I'd forgotten just how lousy I was feeling, and how good it felt to lose that temporarily.

So far one other person has reported trying it and finding it beneficial. I hope some other people try it and get a benefit too. It's a simple experiment, since many people already have cumin in their kitchen, and it's a safe food rather than a hard-to-get and dangerous drug.

ChrisD, echobravo and Mel9 like this.
  4. perrier

perrier Senior Member

We have cumin powder. I'm now putting it on food. No result. How did you take it? Did you use the actual seeds? This is rough for folks with GI pain.

5. gregh286

gregh286 Senior Member

Londonderry, Northern Ireland.
    Inosine.
    Vit d.
    Vit e.
    Arginine.
    Glutamine.

Diwi9, echobravo and pamojja like this.
  6. Wishful

Wishful Senior Member

I ground the seeds (although the seeds were maybe 5+ years old) and put a couple of teaspoons worth in pancakes, along with ground flax seeds. It was just one of my occasional tests to see if cumin started working again, as it temporarily did about 15 years ago. I was amazed that this time it worked again. Originally I noticed that curry made me avoid the symptoms I expected to show up, so that was a partial teaspoon of cumin. I then took a teaspoon or so a day, and after a couple of weeks I realized that it was no longer having any effect.

What happened this time was that the day after the cumin, I did some strenuous activity (chainsawing) that I was sure would cause PEM...and it didn't. Other times I'd tried it I may not have noticed PEM that failed to occur, so it might have had an effect then.

It's most likely the cuminaldehyde, so perilla, which also has that component, should have the same effect.

7. Dechi

Dechi Senior Member

Pacing, resting, nimotop and sleeping aids (melatonine, dormiphen and sublinox in alternance).

8. Thinktank

Thinktank Senior Member

Europe + Asia
    Diet as in avoidance of all sensitivities and allergies.
    On top of that systemic anti-inflammatories / mast cell stabilizers / anti-histaminics like quercetin, boswellia and curcumin.
    Stress avoidance, mental and physical.

Learner1 likes this.
  9. eric_gladiator

eric_gladiator Senior Member

magnesium chelated

multivitamin

zinc

ribose

I do not know if others that I do do something, I do not think

10. ukxmrv

ukxmrv Senior Member

London
    Aggressive rest therapy (which allows me more physical strength for when I really need to use it)
    ALA and Carnitine
    Prednisone (for short bursts but wears off)
    NADH
    Aloe Vera juice (but most brands make me sick so need to be careful)

Learner1 likes this.
  11. notmyself

notmyself Senior Member

coq10 can almost return me to normal energy levels..the only problem is that is causing me insomnia..i think is one of the safest and most efective supplement for energy..it is also good for the heart..

12. jpcv

jpcv Senior Member

SE coast, Brazil
    low carb diet, probiotics, pacing.
    I feel that probiotics work for a limited amount of time, then i have to change the strains I´m using.
    coq10, prednisone, Magnesium, multivitamins: No effect at all

13. bertiedog

bertiedog Senior Member

South East England, UK
    Treatment of thyroid and adrenals, if these aren't functioning well you won't have energy. After that using an oxygen concentrator for up to 30 minutes after each meal or exercise.

Pam

echobravo likes this.
  14. jpcv

jpcv Senior Member

SE coast, Brazil
    Very interesting, do you use O2 when you crash? Do you feel any diference?

15. Hip

Hip Senior Member

Mel9, echobravo, Wayne and 2 others like this.
  16. Dabam

Dabam

Diet first went low carb high protein wasn't working so increased carbs and feel better for it.

Rest when I need ,work when I can works better than pushing myself like I used to

New protocol and constant monitoring of minerals, blood sugar levels etc

17. eric_gladiator

eric_gladiator Senior Member

@Hip

I'll write it down for later. The nag that you recommended did wonders in my anxiety next to the grass of san juan, I feel that I breathe again

Wayne and Hip like this.
  18. keenly

keenly Senior Member

UK
    Idebenone for awhile worked like nothing else. I thoroughly recommend it.

19. bertiedog

bertiedog Senior Member

South East England, UK
    Yes it helps to bring me out of crashes pretty quickly. I was in a crash yesterday from 3.30 pm and had to rest the whole of the day and felt pretty terrible. Used double normal amount of oxygen. Didn't have a good night but managed about 6 hours sleep so still poor this morning. Somehow managed to go to Pilates after 30 minutes of breathing oxygen but had to sit for the standing part of the class. Rested when home and more oxygen and able to go the dentist for a check up this afternoon feeling a lot better than 24 hours previously.

Stamina is running out more quickly than usual but if I am sensible should get over it tomorrow or Thursday at the latest. No way could I do this without it.

Pam

echobravo likes this.
  20. raghav

raghav Senior Member

India
    @gregh286 Did Inosine give you energy from day one or did it take time ?

See more popular forum discussions.