• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What happens when you have fast phase II and slow phase I detox for liver?

Changexpert

I see that fast phase I and slow phase II can be harmful by creating intermediate metabolites. How about the other way around? How can having slow phase I and faster phase II be harmful besides the fact that your liver is not excreting toxins at the full capacity? Does phase I and phase II act in equilibrium, meaning if you have faster phase II, do the processed water-soluble processed get reverted back to phase I?

I have been having issues with a lot of supplements and food, but I definitely have a slow phase I detox since I am very sensitive to caffeine and alcohol. So, I do not understand why I am also sensitive to supplements. Anything that increases liver functionality also results in side effects like insomnia, body rashes, and muscle cramps. I am trying to make some sense out of these symptoms. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Gingergrrl

@Changexpert Is there anything that explains the specific symptoms of fast/slow liver detox for each phase (meaning 1 versus 2?) I am trying to gather some information in my own case and am still unclear but suspect I have slow phase 2 detox- but really do not know. I would actually like to give some of this info to one of my doctors. Sorry my answer is not helpful versus another question!

Changexpert

I was reading one of the documents shared by the member. I think it might have been @Gondwanaland or @ahmo. I am attaching all the sources I found particularly useful for understanding how liver works. Hopefully, you will find these helpful.

One other concept I do not understand particularly is how does human body even determine if the supplements for liver enhancement will be truly used for the right purpose. All the supplements listed here have some other biological impacts, which might hinder detoxification. Also, I wonder if it's the kidney that cannot handle the increased phase II detox, allowing toxins to be reabsorbed through the system. Assuming the supplements enhance the rate at which biological processes occur in our body, that would result in more production of "waste products," burdening our liver and kidney even further.

Attachments

• liver_phases_detox_paths.pdf
    926.2 KB · Views: 24
  • Liver detox pathways2.jpg
    Liver detox pathways2.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 18
  • Liver detox pathways.jpg
    Liver detox pathways.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
I see that fast phase I and slow phase II can be harmful by creating intermediate metabolites. How about the other way around? How can having slow phase I and faster phase II be harmful besides the fact that your liver is not excreting toxins at the full capacity? Does phase I and phase II act in equilibrium, meaning if you have faster phase II, do the processed water-soluble processed get reverted back to phase I?

I have been having issues with a lot of supplements and food, but I definitely have a slow phase I detox since I am very sensitive to caffeine and alcohol. So, I do not understand why I am also sensitive to supplements. Anything that increases liver functionality also results in side effects like insomnia, body rashes, and muscle cramps. I am trying to make some sense out of these symptoms. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Hi Changexpert
I am 53 years old and for some years I got rid, with many liver cleanses, of health problems that poisoned my life since my youth. I recorded all this experience, and dozens testimonials I’ve received attesting the benefits, in an informative website.

I hope iraisemyhealth.info will bring you a part of the information you need.
All the best for you,