1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and the Magic of the Canine Factor
There's been plenty of research indicating that having pets is good for your health. I never really noticed any particular benefits to having cats, though that may have had more to do with my cats. They've been fairly indifferent to my presence and we've shared a live-and-let-live...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

What happens to folic acid uptake by cells, cerebral spinal fluid

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by soulfeast, Jun 30, 2010.

1. soulfeast

soulfeast Senior Member

Virginia, US
    A friend recently sent me this information about folic acid uptake by cells... what do you think. Thank you...

Edward V. Quadros PhD and his colleagues have found in autism normal to high folate levels in the serum and erythrocytes, but with cerebral folate deficiency. In the serum they also found high-affinity blocking autoantibodies against membrance-bound folate receptors. So the cells do not uptake, because the receptors are blocked.
  2. soulfeast

soulfeast Senior Member

Virginia, US
    found this on a search... the topic came up for me again. Any comments would be appreciated. Thank you.
  3. Freddd

Freddd Senior Member

Salt Lake City
    If you look at the Deplin site they describe how methylfolate is the only form of folate that penetrates the blood brain barrier. They also have that in their research complete with citations. Folic acid doesn't penetrate the brain in anybody.

See more popular forum discussions.