May 12, 2017 Is International ME/CFS and FM Awareness Day
International ME/CFS and FM Awareness Day is May 12th, 2017. Jody Smith shares some information about upcoming events and ways you can be heard ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

What happened to Pridgeon's anti-viral?

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by Vic, Jan 12, 2015.

1. Vic

Vic

Last year I heard a doctor named Pridgeon was having big success in clinical trials with an anti-viral for improving Fibromyalgia and suspected it might improve CFS as well. I was skeptical, as I don't think chronic infections are the effective cause of either CFS or Fibromyalgia (especially not FM, and I think chronic Lyme is major bullshit), but I was very curious as to how they might have worked.

http://simmaronresearch.com/2014/06...-trial-future-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-trial/

This article on simmaronresearch.com said he was hoping to present his research last November. Might be too soon to ask, but has anyone heard anything new about it?

2. Vic

Vic

3. minkeygirl

minkeygirl But I Look So Good.

Left Coast
  4. Vic

Vic

So it looks like it was fairly successful. But I wonder how much of the improvement was due to pain relief from celecoxib and how effective the famciclovir actually was at eliminating the virus, assuming it was contributing.

They should have done a third group with just celecoxib IMO... Looking at that article Jonathan Edwards had the same question.

globalpilot and Woolie like this.
  5. globalpilot

globalpilot Senior Member

Ontario
    Exactly. They should have had more endpoints in addition to pain relief, such as gastrointestinal issues, which he reported at the outset. It's a disappointment he only reported on pain.

See more popular forum discussions.