• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What gives you joy every day?

TigerLilea

At @TigerLilea - Jingles! I love that name - I renamed one of the neighbors cats that because of her little bell on her collar that jingled when she ran to greet me any time she saw me outside.
That is how she got her name. I was trying to come up with a name that suited her personality and had tried out several but they didn't feel right. After about a week of listening to her bell tinkling the name suddenly came to me.

I can't put a bell on my big fluffer in my avatar as the bell would get lost in her fur. :D

JohnCB

Immoderate
Did she end up as a korma, balti, or madras?

My cat prefers to be outside a curry. She will happily lick clean microwave trays from creamier style ones. She enjoys korma and chicken tikka masala and there is another one but the name has gone AWOL from my head. Not so keen on hotter ones but she is quite happy with mildly spiced food. I think the main criterion is some meat content and she likes some fat too.

I love animal videos, the sound of my son's voice and especially his face, and of course my beloved orange tabby, Sasha Boy who now runs and hides when I tell him a friend is coming. I made the mistake of telling him a friend was coming when the vet came and stuck needles in him. If I tell him Curtis (my son) is coming he happily waits watching for his truck.