• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What fixed the "crawlies" on my skin

It's kind of a long story, and if anyone's interested, I'll go into it, but I had the "invisible bugs" on my skin for two years. I've seen some people on here complaining of similar symptoms on here.

After trying everything, I found the culprit: it was the god-knows-what growing in the wax ring/seal underneath my toilet. I replaced it with a rubber seal from Amazon, and the crawlies went away almost right away.

Just thought I'd let you all know, it might help some people here.

Hip

You might like to read this article on formication, the sensation that resembles the feeling of small insects crawling on (or under) the skin.

This sensation is an example of as paresthesias, also known as "pins and needles". It is not caused by insects, more to do with nervous system issues.

I had paresthesias throughout my body for many years after catching the virus which triggered my ME/CFS. The supplement benfotiamine can be effective as a treatment for paresthesias.