Professor & patients' paper on the solvable biological challenge of ME/CFS: reader-friendly version
Simon McGrath provides a patient-friendly version of a peer-reviewed paper which highlights some of the most promising biomedical research on ME/CFS ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

What Fixed/Aided Your Brain Fog?

Discussion in 'Cognition' started by MAF14, Feb 29, 2016.

1. hamsterman

hamsterman Senior Member

Los Angeles
    Hmm.. interesting. how much did you take?

JaimeS likes this.
  2. Wonko

Wonko Senior Member

The other side.
    At that time I think I was taking 400 a day, with the odd accidental increase to 600 (my organisational abilities re supplements, or anything that needs taking more than once a day, with food, empty stomach etc was/is a bit iffy)

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
    JaimeS likes this.
  3. Wishful

Wishful Senior Member

I tried CoQ10. I didn't notice any benefits. Apigenin did reduce my brainfog enough that I bought more, but I'm not sure if it's still having any beneficial effects for me. I think apigenin is one of those things that worked only for a short time and then stops working ever after. ME/CFS just seems to keep adapting to keep me miserable.

Wonko likes this.
  4. JaimeS

JaimeS Senior Member

Mid-Ohio Valley, United States
    And how much did you take of CoQ10 and Apigenin? :)

5. Wishful

Wishful Senior Member

I can't remember the CoQ10 trial; probably the recommended daily amount followed by double the amount for a while. I didn't try mega-dosage for long periods though.

Apigenin gave a slight--but noticeable--reduction in brainfog at 50 mg/day. Increasing the amount didn't seem to help more. The improvement showed up fairly quickly though; I think I noticed the improvement the next day.

Of the drugs/supplements I've tried for ME/CFS symptoms, most work within 24 hrs. Prednisone was an exception, since it took 5 days to start working the first time, two days the second time, and never had any effect after those two trials.

6. JaimeS

JaimeS Senior Member

Mid-Ohio Valley, United States
    Still not 'mega' -- CoQ10 dosages that are safe run the gamut.

You might get 100mg as a 'normal' dose, or 200mg. Double that is still 6 - 12 times less than what I take on an average day (2.5-g). Look up the dosages used in multiple sclerosis and you'll see what a high, but still safe, dosage of CoQ10 is.

I agree. I think there's a subset of patients where metabolism is either very, very slow -- or their digestive systems are screwy enough that they're not absorbing, much. But I'm an easy-reactor, which is the other half of us. I usually notice almost immediately if something is going to help or harm.

But the dose does matter; and in the case of CoQ10, the form and the brand also seems to matter.

-J

See more popular forum discussions.