• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What ever happened to the Mike Dessin treatment story( follow up)?

Aerose91

IMHO, from what I read, I don't, believed Mike ever had me/cfs and a lot of people got caught up in the story as well as the treatment. The doctor whose name was eventually outed used therapies that are not scientifically proven. If nothing else homeopathy, which was part of the treatment, has to be the easiest treatment to debunk, even if you believe in other alternative treatments.

I don't remember if the other treatments used were valid or not but the homeopathy stuck in my mind. The treatment was very expensive.

If I remember correctly, Mike had only been sick for a short time. One possibility is that whatever he had cleared up on it's own. But of course I am just speculating.

Anyone know if the doctor is still practicing?

Unfortunately, I found the whole story time wasting as far as finding something to help us.

But that's my opinion. Others may feel differently.:)

Barb

Huh? What do u think he had then?

cman89

Neural therapy would work if the issues that caused the inflammation/infection are addressed as well. Simply doing the neural re set without dealing with infection or toxins will indeed lead to lack of improvement. Its less about the therapy itself and more the order of addressing issues

cman89

Re-mike dessin. I was reading this morning more on LDN, since I now have symptoms that may be helped by it. Things like neural therapy, Gupta, meditation, even LDN, are neural mediators that can hopefully address the various neural dysfunctions that are occurring, be it in neural transmission via myelin, ion transfer, or neurotransmitters. That being said, as effective "band aids" as they can be, without detox, mold issues, methylation fix, diet fix, gut fix, etc...then the chance of someone tipping back into neural dysfunction is greater. Of course, nothing is foolproof, and someone could get re-infected, etc..but as with anything in the ME world, its a very holistic, full body approach required, a concept I am still having to teach myself.