• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

WHAT DOES "LARGE PROTEIN COMPLEX" ON TL PROTEIN MEAN?

alice111

Hi all,
so I am a bit bamboozled by my ACUMEN mitochondrial membrane protein studies...

the test results showed that I have a "large protein complex" attached which could be causing the blockage. There is a * next to this result, and in the comments he has written "? immunoprotein? allergic?"

I did these tests through Dr Myhill, who was also perplexed by this result. She thought maybe it was an allergy to a food, but I am on a suuuuppper restricted diet, and have done many elimination tests, so I really dont know what I could possibly be allergic to!

If anyone has any insights about this, or has had a similar result please feel free to share :)
thanks!
jasmine

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
Hi Jassysan, all i can say is that i also forked out the money for this test and it was completely pointless. I had a different 'unexplained and inexplicable' result to yours. Mine where found to have steroids attached, Dr Myhill didnt know what it was or how it got there and neither did Maclaren Howard at Acumen. Other than that, despite my mito tests showing significant blocvkages on the TL sites not much else showed up - oh some sort of lipids which again were never adequately explained.

Personally i think they are a waste of time and money. Sorry to not be more helpful.

All the best!
Justy.