• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What Do They Hear Of ME/CFS In India?

Never Give Up

Collecting improvements, until there's a cure.
Here's and article in The Hindu, an Indian newspaper:

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/kerala/sapped-of-energy/article8864111.ece

They hit most of the same points as western articles do, both good and bad, but they do it in a much more respectful way. It is interesting that they use NICE as a reference,

The cause of CFS/ME remains unknown. It could be triggered by an infection and the different potential aetiologies for this condition — neurological, endocrine, immunological, genetic, psychiatric and infectious — have been investigated, but the diverse nature of the symptoms cannot yet be fully explained, says the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE ), UK. WHO classifies CFS/ME as a neurological illness, but many others disagree."

What do you know about ME/CFS in India? Prevalence? Treatment? Perception?